Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i spend the last 6 months looking for a saleen rear bumper for my cobra, and i taught i got lucky a few weeks ago when i finally found one, and now im having problems installing it. its not an aftermarket, so i dont know why im having problems, im not sure if its my exhaust, check out my pictures, and you be the judge, for some reason i cant get the sides to go in.... any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Is the side supposed to attach to the wheel well? Your exhaust is definitely a problem as well. Get that sorted out before you melt the bumper.

·
Registered
433 Posts
dis-reguard my post from your other thread about this. i cant really tell on the corners but it may be missing the tabs that the screws go through on the wheel wells. and far as the bumper hittin the tips maybe caused by off-centered exhaust and you couldnt tell with the stock bumper or this new bumper is just off a little in that area. i would check the exhaust being off. and if not try shaving the bumper where the exhaust hits. but from my perspective it looks like the exhaust is off a bit. if that bumper indeed came off a 99-04 car then everything should be correct far as alignment goes. good luck try lookin to see if the taps are still on there and getting it connected at the corners it may help at the exhaust. good luck

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bumper is for a 99-04 saleen mustang, and it does have the tabs that screwed to the side, the problem is that i cant get them into the holes. I knew it had to be the aftermarket exhaust, whats weird is that all the sides go in well except for the left side...... one of my friends is coming today to try and move the exhaust, ill keep you guys informed. thanks for comments, i appreciated it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts