Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 saleen s281 s/c and it has the saleen air box with the rubber tube, and I'm wondering if its necessary or good to change to an aftermarket CAI? All opinions are appreciated!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah I would get the Saleen extreme CAI, I have it and it is really great I couldn't tell you what kind of HP gains you get because I changed a lot of parts and then dynod my car but it is a really sweet looking!

·
Registered
455 Posts
syrupsaleen said:
Do you by any chance know what mm tube is needed for MAF it has the 475hp upgrade on it
I just use my stock MAF and I don't have a problem and I'm running the 3.2 pulley but I honestly don't know about the mm tube, try calling brenspeed and see what they say about it, I just love my Saleen extreme CAI

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only differerance between the Extreme intake & your current intake is appearance, there's no real hp gain. Once you go below a 3.6 pulley you should upgrade the fuel pump.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What are you trying accomplish?Your current intake is 95mm I believe. I dont think putting a 110mm JLT will make much differance. The intake you have can handle alot more hp. If you have the 475 upgrade with the 3.87 pulley & are looking for hp. I would go to a 3.6 pulley & new plugs gapped at .30 ,updated tune. About the same price of an intake with more gain. That's assuming you have a tuner.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanna gain hp and boost! And I'm looking at getting a 3.4" pulley with a fuel booster and the plugs n I was told I needed a bigger intake for that so that's why I was asking.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it turns out I don't need a bigger intake would the jlt not even be a benefit with the rest of mods I'm getting?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts