Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone...I just bought a 2000 Mustang and want to start converting it to become a Saleen Clone...yet, I need some tips and advice with the project...for starters, how should I deal with the decals on the sides of the car, the small stripes on the bottom sides of the doors...please write back with everything and all info you have, thanks!

Ryan

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
a lot of decals can be gotten cheaply from ebay vendors. If you want for sure good quality, I would check around online for sites that dealt specifically with decals. Make sure its a good type of decal you're getting.

I'm not a big fan of clones, but it's your car and you do what makes you happy with it.

Good luck w/ your conversion. :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I'm not a big fan of clones, but it's your car and you do what makes you happy with it.
Same here, yes I have the front/rear bumper on mine but no Saleen decals. I dont care for them if its not the real thing, I just like the look/style of the body kit they designed.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the way their bumpers look, but I just don't care much for badging it up to be a saleen if it isn't. But like I said, it is your car to do whatever you want with and good luck.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You'll need a year that you want to clone and the style. S281 or S351 (S-281E also)

You start out with the 18x9 saleens rims on Pirelli PZero tires, Saleen side skirts, saleen scoops, saleen front bumpber, saleen body kit screens, saleen wing, saleen hood (if applies), saleen c-pillar, saleen windshield decal, saleen fader stripe decals, saleen logos, saleen exhaust tips, and saleen brake kit.

And that's just what you see on the outside. ;)

·
Banned
321 Posts
Then you go out and buy a 351 engine and drop it in there, so your not gettin smoked every time you are out driving by kids in Honda's believing they could really smoke a Saleen

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
www.speedworx.com has alot of things you would need for the conversion just go there and they have a model of all parts on the exterior for a saleen that you can buy, the parts will all be authentic. If you dont mind spending a lil more for no reason then you can get the stuff from www.saleen.com. My advice to you is dont settle for knockoff pieces on this car. If your gonna do it you mind as well do it right. Yes the fake fiberglass kits that make it look like a saleen are cheap but they will break very easy. Also when you go with wheels i suggest www.crossroadzdirect.com and get the chrome wheels he sells, those are the closest thing ive seen to the real saleen wheels. wheels are the only thing i would suggest getting knockoff from, because there is no reason to spend 6-7 hundred more to get saleen wheels that look basically the same and have the same quality.

·
Registered
34 Posts
kaper232 said:
Then you go out and buy a 351 engine and drop it in there, so your not gettin smoked every time you are out driving by kids in Honda's believing they could really smoke a Saleen
NOW YOUR TALKIN' :drive:

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
where can I get the screen inserts for the Saleen side scoops?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts