Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine said he could hook me up with an exhaust from an '02 Saleen. I have an '04 V6. I know there is an issue with the H-Pipe but will the rest of the system work ok? If the rest works, would it be better to try and get the H-Pipe modified to work with my V6 or just buy a new one? Who should I talk to about modification or which H-pipe would you recommend getting?

BTW..this site rocks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....I guess I'm lost. I thought it was required to get an H-pipe if you were going to dual exhaust. I've heard where you can cut/modify the y-pipe and then attach it to the new exhaust. I was trying to avoid taking it someplace to get it welded together. So what I'm saying is that I have no idea what I'm doing. I know I want the mod but not sure the best way of going about doing it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
No you just cut the Y off just aft of the cats, Take the saleen kit to a muffler shop and have them cut the Y off and weld them on

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Ok so i'm about as in the dark as BlkStang4Me but i think this thread is beginning to shed some light. So what you are saying is i can take any GT exhuast setup, have the Y pipe cut, and put it on my car?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You just cut the whole Y pipe off ... the only thing a H pipe would do is extend where you just cut the Y pipe off so you can just weld the new exhaust up. Instead of wasting money on a fancy H pipe...just spend 2 bucks on pipe to weld in place instead.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yep that is about it save money forget the H pipe, Cut the Y pipe out, weld the the saleen pipes in and have dual exhaust!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just stick around the site blkstang4me, I learned almost all I know from these people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....one last question. Should I take the H-pipe from the Saleen with me to the shop? I mean.....will they need any part of that pipe since I'm cutting my Y-pipe or will they use something they have there?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and the replies. I realize I'm an idiot when it comes to these things but I'm learning. You guys have been great about not making me feel stupid about this stuff!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
No one is stupid, everyone starts off a beginner. And here we try to make everyone feel comfortable asking any question you may have without the sarcastic noobie remarks.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
that's why I stuck around

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Best ways to learn, do, or try to do, read, watch, and ask lots of questions, so what if they might sound a little dumb to some people, we all have to start somewhere, don't we? ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts