Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering Saleen grill,but saw a video of Brenspeed I think installing one and they took the whole front clip off.Seems like this could be done without all that trouble.Anybody know if you can do it without removing all that?

·
Registered
728 Posts
On my 2011 it was simple. Take off the plastic radiator cover, push the flaps carefully back through the holes and gently pull at the same time. Took me 15 minutes, literally.

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 2011 it was simple. Take off the plastic radiator cover, push the flaps carefully back through the holes and gently pull at the same time. Took me 15 minutes, literally.
K..... Took you 15 minutes to do exactly what?Saleen?? Anything else?? You just Tape off the fog harness??No effect on the light controls-right?? I agree and think it should be very possible to install a saleen grill on the 2011-2012GT.However on "another forum" Brenspeed has a step by step video of the install and only took the guy like 30-35 minutes.But he used a lift(said to use jack stands) for DIY fellows to remove 2 front tires and take out fender liners then it goes on to show taking the whole front clip off.Just seems like BS to me.I mean not real BS but just a smother less trouble way. The only nice thing about their way was the easy access to put the retaining clips on.Hell I got 16'' long nettle nose pliers that I could get them on w/o taking the whole clip off.Just don't seem like to me we should have to do that much to remove and install one of these grills.Thanks for info you can give us man.I think I will order it from Latemodel Resto. looks like they have about best price.Whatcha think??

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm sorry I forgot to mention I have a CS/GT so I didn't have to mess with the fogs. But yes it was 15 minutes to pull the grill off, then snap the new one in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Agreed...that hood looks great...
Agreed, but I'm also partial :D

Kpd3014, does your car have some sort of splitter below the front fascia? I can't tell
from your pictures... I was considering adding the Saleen carbon fiber lower
splitter to the front of my 2011 since I have the painted/carbon rear
wing but I'm also considering other options since my daughter doesn't like
the look of the Saleen piece they showed at Sema.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice! I have to look into that, I think it would look sharp on the car... Thanks!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK....Grill is on the way and I want to know what you guys did when you un-plugged the Fogs?? Did you just Tape of the leads or what? Did it effect anything lighting wise?? Really need some feedback on anything you can give me on how you went to aftermarket grill.Just for the record I did go with the 281 saleen. Thanks!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BBR 155.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts