Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a link to a site that sold one for my 98 Mustang, it's one of the few hoods I'm considering putting on my car. I like how at first look it looks like the stock hood, but look again and you got that reverse scoop :)

anyone help me out please? BTW who owns this kinda hood?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You can always find them at www.saleen.com, that is really the only place to be sure you are getting "real" Saleen parts, anywhere else you might be buying cheap imitation crap.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrm couldn't seem to find the right year for the hood, I saw a 99-02 and 02-04

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
First click on Aerodynamic parts, then click on the left side where it says 94-98 parts, then it should bring up the parts for your car.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! Thanks a lot :D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

Is this what you want?

http://ageclassic.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=01-AM-462&Category_Code=10

Saleen Composite (Fiberglass) Hood - $750.00
Saleen Carbon Fiber Hood - $950.00
AgeClassic.com SLN Style Hood - $340.00

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't anyone have a Saleen hood?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I dont think that's the attitude to take with any car -- daily driver or not. You've seen wreckedimports.com haven't you?! lol. You can't go arround worrying about the "what if's" in life ... just enjoy it! What I would hate tho is all of the stone chips you get on your hood... especially after buying a new hood and getting fresh paint on it. But I'd certainly spend some money to get a nice new hood to compliment a body kit.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol might as well get the one for 350 then :p 700+ is pretty high for just a hood when the body kit is cheaper than that.

·
Registered
800 Posts
gawd I would love that freakin hood on my kit, gosh that would be so kick ass to go with my bumpers, and then I would get a damn Steeda Rear Spoiler for my car too, would be kick ass then...

not that I 'm not happy with it, and besides I am dreaming I have money at the moment so it really doesnt matter much...

And for the paint job, I would have it painted the front white, and in the center going towards the windshield a reflex blue...

damn I hate reallity sometimes, well all the time right about now!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the hood is like 325 on the AgeClassic, I'd imagine it's just as good as the 700+

·
Registered
800 Posts
its all like a sneakers people...

you look to the left and you have nike and to the right you have Kedz...hmmm desicions, I personally would like the Nike myself, but if I know Ihave plenty of money to throw around for a sports jacket, some accessories, I gonna opt for Kedz everytime!

You pay for the name of Saleen, I know that much ...

but its all in your preferance of style and income I guess...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Geez, is there any real difference between the expensive hood to the cheaper one?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts