Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we had topics like this but the topic always changes, but i am keeping my car, since my parents suddenly decided that they want me to keep it. I want to get a body kit. I want to here the good and the bad about both the fiberglass and Urethane. Whoever has a Saleen Kit please tell me what you think is better.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
urethane is more flexible and will not crack on light impact . Fiberglass will crack and splinter even with lite impacts. Urethane is also lighter.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
fiberglass = crack adn have to replace with new part, urathan = bend adn not crack.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Hey Charles how heavy was your Cobra front urethane bumper ???? There is not a great difference in weight really
i have no idea, let me check the recpeits to see how much the package weighed.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i wish more people would pay atention to older posts
Dont start with that. Over time, I'm sure there will be 10+ threads on the same subject. Dont get annoyed with it, IT HAPPENS. ;) :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sp33d said:
hey, you guys should really read my thread here...

i wish more people would pay atention to older posts :oops:
Notice the first line i wrote states that i knew about a thread similar to this, It was asking about Urethane or Fiberglass, i was asking about the saleen kit in either. Like which will fits better as shipped, and what will cost more to work on.........

·
Registered
800 Posts
Soooooooooo somebody wants an opnion on Fiberglass do they...hmmm I believe I can handle this one

- - - DONT EVER GET FIBERGLASS - - -

its the worse to work with, you cant really mold it, its a pain the ass to get mold to a body of a car, unlike polyurethane were its more flexable and probably why Ford chose that for a material than Fiberglass , since if you hit anything real hard Fiberglass is gonna crack right away, unlike the flex you get in poly. , but anyways I got a few bumpers recently that are actually the fiberglass and they were a biotch to install of sorts, the front was relatively pretty easy but the rear, was a real pain in the but...didnt want to bend or flex much for the body curve of my 98', but all in all it looks pretty good and I'm pretty happy with it since my sneezing of the cutting of alot of the bottom half of the rear bumper is starting ease up some from the past 3wks, it was just everywhere in the garage ( Ok my friends Black GT, ended up snow white, and his wife was not entirely to happy about that :D ).

Here are the pics that I took and plan to write a how to doc eventually, I promise Brent I would :rolleyes:

Front Bumper Install ( Thanks to help from Corey aka DangerDude and another friend Tony ):

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diamondz/Jeff%20Saleen%20Front%20Bumper/Output/

Rear Bumper Install ( Thanks to help friend Tony ):

http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diamondz/Jeff%20Saleen%20Rear%20Bumper/Output/

PS: I need to get RotoZip for sponsor after this install we used them for the rear bumper! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts