Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was up on Craigslist last night and I saw this guy selling his 2000 vert for $1000 he's selling it as is because he recently crashed it. It's not totaled just the front end is smashed in a bit.
It's drive able but both airbags went off. My question is if I could use this as a parts car. I'm in need of a new tranny and I could use some of the exterior and interior parts as spares. Will the 00 tranny for on my 01? Is it a good deal or $1000? I can try offering less

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I'm going to offer him $700 and take it from there. Only if the tranny fits and its good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you swapping manual to manual or manual to auto or auto to manual..lol...if your doing manual to manual it will drop right in

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't asked him I it's manual or auto lol. But I'm hoping its auto because I have an auto. And of its manual everything's need is there. A family friend that works in pep boys offered to do the swap for $150 but that's just auto for auto. I'm not sure about auto to manual

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ill keep that in mind. Although I have heard that the 99 new edges were really problematic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts