Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I even ask I know this has been covered hundreds of times before and answers have been passed down from generations of scholars and gents.
I am going to do a CAI and bama tune from AM so should I do the combo with tuner and the air raid intake, or buy seperate and spend the extra on a better intake? I plan on buying the boss mani later on, also is there a specific intake that works best with the boss manifold? My car is automatic also.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
You should be fine with either one. I'd go with the one I liked the looks of best. Some are a little better than others, but I don't think It's enough to worry about.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

As far as working with the boss,IDK

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
With the Boss Manifold any CAI would fit. It'd be a bit of a stretch. You could wait and buy everything together and order a CAI that's designed for the Boss Manifold. Or you could buy the Boss Manifold and a tuner and get the adapter that will allow you to use your stock air intake.

I went with the Boss IM and steeda CAI with the SCT FX3 tuner with free Bama tunes for life. No buyers remorse yet. I love that combo.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the Boss Manifold any CAI would fit. It'd be a bit of a stretch. You could wait and buy everything together and order a CAI that's designed for the Boss Manifold. Or you could buy the Boss Manifold and a tuner and get the adapter that will allow you to use your stock air intake.

I went with the Boss IM and steeda CAI with the SCT FX3 tuner with free Bama tunes for life. No buyers remorse yet. I love that combo.
Haha I could wait but thats no fun...my plan is to just get an intake and tune for now, and maybe get the boss mani sometime down the road. Is the boss mani worth the money?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Haha I could wait but thats no fun...my plan is to just get an intake and tune for now, and maybe get the boss mani sometime down the road. Is the boss mani worth the money?
I think it is. I bought mine for $350 before the price hike. I think it looks sharp I haven't the slightest idea what the gains are, I've never had mine dyno'd.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it is. I bought mine for $350 before the price hike. I think it looks sharp I haven't the slightest idea what the gains are, I've never had mine dyno'd.
Thanks for the input. Trying to get everything lined out before the drag strip opens back up this spring

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Before I even ask I know this has been covered hundreds of times before and answers have been passed down from generations of scholars and gents.
I am going to do a CAI and bama tune from AM so should I do the combo with tuner and the air raid intake, or buy seperate and spend the extra on a better intake? I plan on buying the boss mani later on, also is there a specific intake that works best with the boss manifold? My car is automatic also.
Sorry not the air raid, the jlt intake and tune combo
Both of the CAI systems you listed above are great! You really can't go wrong with any of our Cold Air Intake systems when paired up with a Bama Custom tune.

The Boss manifold is also a great investment! You'll love the power that this Manifold gives you up top, it's an awesome feeling.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The Boss intake with an auto and a stock converter is a recipe for disaster. Just throwing parts at a car won't make it faster. It's the right parts that do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Boss intake with an auto and a stock converter is a recipe for disaster. Just throwing parts at a car won't make it faster. It's the right parts that do.
Im not really even sure i'll be getting the boss intake if I do it will be probably next year sometime(not tomorrow for any [email protected]$$). Do you have any input on just a tuner/intake combo??

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Im not really even sure i'll be getting the boss intake if I do it will be probably next year sometime(not tomorrow for any [email protected]$$). Do you have any input on just a tuner/intake combo??
I vote the steeda and bama tuner.

I love bama concerning tunes. Get the fast, they always give free tunes when you change something. They have a few specialty tunes. You'd be able to run their hybrid tune for example.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I vote the steeda and bama tuner.

I love bama concerning tunes. Get the fast, they always give free tunes when you change something. They have a few specialty tunes. You'd be able to run their hybrid tune for example.
Yea im definitely doin the bama tune and im leaning toward the steeda I've heard nothing but good things about that setup

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The CAI are all pretty much the same as far as power is concerned. Very little so just choose the one that looks the best to you. As far as tuners I would consider AED, Steeda, Lund, and VMP. I have a VMP tune from Justin Starkey on my car that's an auto and the car is dead nuts when you get into it but still shifts very smooth. I data logged the first tune he sent and it didn't need any revision. I then went to an off road mid pipe and he sent me a revision. For free. As will most of the tuners.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The CAI are all pretty much the same as far as power is concerned. Very little so just choose the one that looks the best to you. As far as tuners I would consider AED, Steeda, Lund, and VMP. I have a VMP tune from Justin Starkey on my car that's an auto and the car is dead nuts when you get into it but still shifts very smooth. I data logged the first tune he sent and it didn't need any revision. I then went to an off road mid pipe and he sent me a revision. For free. As will most of the
I'll look into in thanks for the input man

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Ill look into the vmps ive never heard of them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
I brought an airaid and don't like it as much

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just ordered the JLT Intake/Bama Tune for my '11. Kinda sketched out about putting it on, even though most of the feedback I've read in countless forums is 90% good, still kinda worries me with only 8300 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just ordered the JLT Intake/Bama Tune for my '11. Kinda sketched out about putting it on, even though most of the feedback I've read in countless forums is 90% good, still kinda worries me with only 8300 miles on it.
You'll be fine... The issues where the tune bricked the car while loading seemed to be more elated to 2013's when they first came out... And that has been resolved....
I've changed tunes about a 1/2 dozen times. No issues... Just takes about 25 minutes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts