Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lowered my stang about 3 weeks ago, I let it settle and when going over 40 it began vibrating bad so I figured alignment. Got it done today and it still shakes but not as bad and now at around 55 and over. What else could the problem? My friend said it could be the driveshaft. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
490 Posts
So I lowered my stang about 3 weeks ago, I let it settle and when going over 40 it began vibrating bad so I figured alignment. Got it done today and it still shakes but not as bad and now at around 55 and over. What else could the problem? My friend said it could be the driveshaft. Thanks for any input
Is your steering wheel vibrating badly?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
As stated above, try to give us more details on the vibration. Is it coming through the steering wheel directly or more through the whole body?

There's a good chance the vibration is caused from a poor driveshaft angle. When you lower the ride height, you lose a good bit of the angle, depending on how low the springs are. Without the proper angle, you'll feel extreme vibrations through the whole body of the car, coming from the driveshaft.

Hope this helps some!

Shane

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do the tires need to be balanced?

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It definately feels as if its coming from the rear, the whole car vibrates bad like its massaging my back. It's so annoying

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea me too hopefully I do, it's not too low, it sits just as high as when I had the gt

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope that's the weird part about it, but for sure I will have it ready to go on sun

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same issue... Had 3 different shops balance my tires and check my entire suspension to see if I was maybe missing something... Turned out one of my rims had gotten bent slightly. Everytime they balanced my wheels, it came back just at a different speed until I replaced my rims. Drove me crazy...

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Hmm thanks for you're input, I will take that into consideration.
If you take them to get balanced ask to get them Road Force balanced. It will find any bent parts and will give you a more accurate balance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine started right after I lowered mine with the H&R SS springs and the MM caster camber kit. While I was at it, I replaced my shocks and struts also. I went crazy for months, chasing everything down... I finally told my wife that I was sick of the vibration and I was ordering new rims and tires and if that didnt fix the problem, I was getting rid of the car. lol...

Yeah, if you get a road force balance, you should also get a printout that will show you everything.

BTW if it's in the steering wheel, it's from the front, and if it's in the seat, it's usually from the rear. Mine was bad in the steering wheel and my front driver side rim was the one that was bent.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you lowered the car did you change out anything else are just the springs? When I lowered mine I changed the tire rod ends and lower ball joints as well.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope just springs, i already have cc plates on it. But yea it's definately from the rear

1 - 20 of 47 Posts