Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update - Sanded headlights - pics

After a couple years of driving in Arizona, My headlights have gotten a good amount of "sand treatment".

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it? I'll get some pics tomorrow.

About the only thing I can think of is new lights, but I'd like to avoid that.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
best bet is clean the in and outside ,,theres something out there like headlight restore. not sure exactly what its called though...

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just the headlights for the most part. but they look horrid. maybe I"ll get a pic of them today and post it tonight.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
How would I take some deep scratches out of a headlight? I was in an accident and I didnt' replace the headlight cuz it really doesn't bother me that much. I have like 3 or 4 pretty deep scratches in the corner of the driverside headlight and there's white paint inside the scratches, if I just knew a way to take the embedded paint out I could live with it lol

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Take some emery cloth and sand only the scratch untill you can no longer feel it then go over the area with Meguiar's #17 plastic cleaner and #10 polisher.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That what I was thinking..I"ll try it some day

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alright this is my thoughts for you 232, this is what we did to my buddy's civic. Go get some sandpaper buy 600, 800, 1200 and 2000 grit sandpaper. Also buy 3m fine cut polish, and some turtle wax paste polish restorer cant remember the name, its got a little bit of grit in it. Alright take and sand down with 600 until the headlight is all roughed up no more of that junk you're talking about on the headlight, then 800, then 1200, then 2000. The 2000 will make the headlight nice and smooth and should be fairly clear, keep working it until it's pretty clear. Then the turtle wax stuff apply and remove a few times. Then finally polish with the 3m fine cut, and your headlight should look like new.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Nice dress shoes...lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I just noticed the polished toe and the little embroidery work on it lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hahahah...you'd fit in good around my friends...
We all wear camo and my roommate only wears army issue pants...
But none of us are in the armed forces..lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts