Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sandys coming, and I live on the jersey shore, no garage, just a car cover from Walmart, I'm worried something's gonna happen to my precious lol :)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yup^ lol stay away from those. Could be avoidable so insurance might not cover.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are probably going to lose that car cover. If I were you I would see if I could find a storage garage. Pay for a month and just have it there for the storm. I live in Eastern PA so we will be getting whacked too. You never know what other people left outside that will be flying around in 80mph winds.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Good idea

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rent a garage short term?

Oh, no... I got it...

Move!

I mean, hell... it's freakin' JERSEY!

LOL.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I went through a direct hit with Ike.

My car was stored on the ground level in a normal garage. Door held up fine. If there is potential flooding where you live, put the car on ramps/blocks to elevate it if mild flooding is predicted... Or a multi level garage...

Good luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm in Hampton, just a car cover for me also... I park next to a chain link fence (I am sure that is not going anywhere) to block debris if it gets that bad, on the other side I will park my explorer... Kinda boxing her in...

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm in the same situation, I'm in MA hoping its not too bad. 80MPH my convertible better stay strong & hopefully no trees come down. Be safe everyone

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lots of rain, and lots of wind... My cover is still on, ... Sandy ain't ****!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UGHhh I just have a feeling something's gonna happen to her, I live at the very bottom of a trailer park, surrounded by the forest, there are nothing but trees everywhere and there is no where to put the car that is avoiding the trees down here, none of my buddy's have a garage open, can't afford a storage unit at the moment, I hope she's okay, she's just got a flimsy car cover, I don't wanna wake up and find her all beaten up :(

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Am3gross said:
Lots of rain, and lots of wind... My cover is still on, ... Sandy ain't ****!
My cover is still on at the moment, sandy ain't close to hear yet man, I'm right on the water in Belmar too, girlfriends house already lost power, had to head over to my parents for a bit to charge all our electronics

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Don't doubt sandy, but I plead to her.. "Please sandy no tricks, just treats :).

·
Registered
211 Posts
I live in south central PA I know they are calling for us to get hit pretty hard also both of my toys a tucked away safely in my Garage!!!!!

The fun part for me will be after the storm pass's Im a feild service tech for 1 of the largest rental equipment company's in the US pretty much every
genorator, light tower, or anything else that can produce power is on rent we started getting calls from FEMA yesterday for equipment. Depending on the amount of damage this storm cause's I may be getting alot of overtime

·
Registered
914 Posts
stemar said:
I live in south central PA I know they are calling for us to get hit pretty hard also both of my toys a tucked away safely in my Garage!!!!!

The fun part for me will be after the storm pass's Im a feild service tech for 1 of the largest rental equipment company's in the US pretty much every
genorator, light tower, or anything else that can produce power is on rent we started getting calls from FEMA yesterday for equipment. Depending on the amount of damage this storm cause's I may be getting alot of overtime
Iam not sure how bad we will get it

·
Registered
201 Posts
NJstanger said:
UGHhh I just have a feeling something's gonna happen to her, I live at the very bottom of a trailer park, surrounded by the forest, there are nothing but trees everywhere and there is no where to put the car that is avoiding the trees down here, none of my buddy's have a garage open, can't afford a storage unit at the moment, I hope she's okay, she's just got a flimsy car cover, I don't wanna wake up and find her all beaten up :(

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

My cover is still on at the moment, sandy ain't close to hear yet man, I'm right on the water in Belmar too, girlfriends house already lost power, had to head over to my parents for a bit to charge all our electronics

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Don't doubt sandy, but I plead to her.. "Please sandy no tricks, just treats :).
Just an idea put blankets under the flimsy car cover to try to add a little more cushion just incasr something hits it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts