Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on my '87 gt has scratches, chips, is faded and the clear is gone. It looks good on the sides but the roof and hood look awful. They're almost white. But when I was it and it is wet, it looks really good. Is there anything I can do or put on it to make it look like it does when it is wet?

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I have polished and waxed it with no prevail. I'm just using mothers spray wax though. It is a dark blue, with a tint of green almost. Factory paint. I think.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
is the clear actually gone (as in pealed off) or just not shinning. You would be amazed what you can do. The paint probably has tons of oxidation in it and all that, you can use an oxidation remover (I use the stuff that DWG International™ - Manufacturer of Dri Wash 'n Guard® has its called oxygone)

and you can rubbing compound, clay bar etc but probably you need to let a pro look at it as I bet it needs a full buffing~ you could also have the clear removed fully and have it resprayed (color as well)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SpectorV said:
is the clear actually gone (as in pealed off) or just not shinning. You would be amazed what you can do. The paint probably has tons of oxidation in it and all that, you can use an oxidation remover (I use the stuff that DWG International
The clear is actually gone and most of the pigment as well. I'm thinking about just getting it re-painted factory colour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts