Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Newer Mustang's got their "blink blink blink" tail lights feature from the Cougar.

·
Registered
724 Posts
^^^Yes, yes they did. I remember the adds on TV. When they introduced the Cougar, they had a sexy star { can't remember who it was right now } with a real Cougar walking around under some big oaks and they highlighted the sequential taillight feature. I remember it was a cool add, big deal back then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
66 Cougar, cool.
Not to be nit picky, but 1966 didn't seem correct to me. So, I looked it up. The Cougar was introduced in 1967 and was based on the Ford Mustang.

It changed over time and was the Mercury equivalent of the Ford Torino / Gran Torino, and later the Ford Thunderbird.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you Google 66 Cougar I think your gunna be surprised how many you find, if they didn't make them till 67.
I was born in 1950 and was really into my greaser stage in 66. I remember them very well. I almost bought one but picked up my 65 2+2 instead. 66 had a different grill than 67. I preferred the 66 how ever the 67 XR 7 was a very attractive beast what with the 390 it had stuffed in it. Lots 66's for sale on Google :popcorn:

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wikipedia must be wrong, and then, I am wrong. :facepalm:

But, I found an October 1966 Popular Mechanics issue on eBay introducing the new 1967 cars, and the 1967 Cougar was on the cover.

I did try to find 1966 Cougars for sale on the interweb with no luck. There are numerous 1967s and 1968s.

The Cougar just appears bigger to me and more like the 2nd generation Mustangs.

:shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts