Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i go ahead and get forged internals and run a 100-125 shot of nitrous, is there a way i can later add a Ati procharger with 11 psi? What if I ran 11psi with a 50 or 75 shot? What if i only ran 7 psi on the procharger? could i use a 75-100 shot? I need to know if i should go ahead and save up for a procharger. I'M SO CONFUSED, PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its risky, thats why im trying to do my homework before i do anything dumb that blows up my engine. I just want the fastest v-6 possible

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Fastest V6 possible? Rip out the block and rebuild it to performance specs. Get some new Heads, upper and lower port and polished intakes, pistons, cam shaft, crank shaft, Roller rockers, chip, gears, Alunimum drive shaft, T5 Trans, suspension, then worry about throwing a Supercharger on it. There are a ton of upgrades you can do without a supercharger or Nitrous. And when you do go with a SC or NO2, your engine will be built to handle it.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Rellik said:
Fastest V6 possible? Rip out the block and rebuild it to performance specs. Get some new Heads, upper and lower port and polished intakes, pistons, cam shaft, crank shaft, Roller rockers, chip, gears, Alunimum drive shaft, T5 Trans, suspension, then worry about throwing a Supercharger on it. There are a ton of upgrades you can do without a supercharger or Nitrous. And when you do go with a SC or NO2, your engine will be built to handle it.
Perfectly Said. In the future I plan to do what you just said. Take the motor out and strip it and rebuild it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rebuilding it for performance specs is the best way...Could you run lets say 15psi, on a stock engine and spray a 100 shot? Sure you could. Would it last more than a week if u actually drove it hard? NO WAY. Rebuild teh motor and make it tough, then when your there, see what happens. You might find out that you dont need nx to be fast in your book. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definite rebuild with forged and shotpeened internals. Supersixmotorsports.com and rpm-mustangs.com have all of the stuff you will need to make your engine bullet proof. Id say to have the fastest v6 around youll have to rebuild the short block to performance specs
dished forged pistons,
stroke it to 4.3l,
get superheads from supersix,
roller rockers,
custom cam,
long tube headers,
offroad h pipe,
2.5' catback setup,
3.73 rear gears and t-lok inside an 8.8 inch rear end,
the new t-6 tranny,
WET noszle system from NOS,
staged Twin turbo custom setup,
42# fuel injectors,
255lph fuel pump,
custom tuned chip,
adjustable fuel pressure regulator,
and lastly you need to find a way to get all of that down to the ground, best would be a set of drag radials, not to mention all the proper gauges and electrical...
With this combo, you should be able to crank power up to anywhere from 300 rwhp to 700rwhp! Ive seen a dyno for a 3.8 twin turboed at 700 so its possible!

·
Registered
151 Posts
why??? why run n2o and boost?? :oops:

you can just run more boost!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you are that serious about getting the power, you want a turbo kit. And like maverik said use a boost controller to turn up your boost instead of putting juice in the mix. Its just better that way. :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the nitrous if dont properly can act as a second (if you already have one) intercooler. the nitrous burns colder than air and thus it helps to lower the temperature inside the engine. you can run a smaller shot safely with boost for that purpose. i dont advise running anything larger than a 35-50 shot (with boost) w/o some SERIOUS tuning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
the nitrous if dont properly can act as a second (if you already have one) intercooler. the nitrous burns colder than air and thus it helps to lower the temperature inside the engine. you can run a smaller shot safely with boost for that purpose. i dont advise running anything larger than a 35-50 shot (with boost) w/o some SERIOUS tuning.

i could see that, but then i dont think its worth the money. it would be easier and cheaper to just get more boost or a bigger innercooler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Though it is true that nitrous cools the incoming air charge, you can't forget that it adds power also. At that point you have to decide whether it is worth it to have really high performance numbers that you won't have to pay more for, or pay for a bottle fillup that you could just raise your boost instead for the same hp. I have a built up 3.8 running a procharger around 18 psi. That is why I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't gotten around to a dyno, but everything has been upgraded accordingly and I have enough power to lay waste to corvettes and most other new era muscle cars without the need for the bottle. My .02 cents. Raise the boost...
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts