Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:nonono: Now you have to be a "premium member" to link pics to forums. That's all well and good going forward, but, guess what? Any picture you have on this or any other forum linked from them is now gone. Hopefully they realize the stupidity of this move and will change it back. All my pics in my "Mods" thread are gone. Who's got time to go download everything from photobucket then re-attach them to existing threads, even if I could edit the posts to re-attach, which I cant. :banghead:

bwe.jpg

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
:nonono: Now you have to be a "premium member" to link pics to forums. That's all well and good going forward, but, guess what? Any picture you have on this or any other forum linked from them is now gone. Hopefully they realize the stupidity of this move and will change it back. All my pics in my "Mods" thread are gone. Who's got time to go download everything from photobucket then re-attach them to existing threads, even if I could edit the posts to re-attach, which I cant. :banghead:

View attachment 237313
that is very screwy :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I wondered when they were going to try to make more money off of the site. I constantly use Photobucket, but I'll have to see how much "premium membership" is going to cost before ever using them again.
Edit:
WOW......$100 a year? See ya' photobucket!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've spent the past few hours downloading all my albums to my PC. (only cause it's Friday afternoon and I'm bored to death at work....lol) Now to find another hosting site that allows copying the IMG link for forums.

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
**** photobucket. They were great in the early/mid 2000s. Then they went to the format they have now which is slow as hell, clunky, ridiculously loaded with ads and now they pull this? I'll probably go through it and save all the pics I want and then never login again. They just lost a 15+ year user...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also use shutterfly to back up pics. But I have not figured out how to post them here. There is no link available to do that like Photobucket that I've found.

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
Google photos has made everything obsolete anyway. Take a pic with camera, backs up to the cloud automatically over wifi. Just have to make sure to not be an idiot like some of these celebrities and take compromising pics with the phone set to upload automatically lol.

Better to attach anyway, pic stays that way.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm an old geezer; not in touch with all the latest and greatest electronics and don't know how to use it anyway. But seems to me you could take pics with your phone and load them on your computer like we do with our camera. then you don't have to worry or have to pay for someone else to care for your photos. Also when my photo card is full I buy a new one, then I always have my photos in case something happens to our computer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use Google photos and one drive from Microsoft to back up all my photos. I just take a pic with my phone and it automatically backs up when I'm connected to wifi and on a charger. That way if one fails I have local and the other (paranoid IT person)

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
I'm an old geezer; not in touch with all the latest and greatest electronics and don't know how to use it anyway. But seems to me you could take pics with your phone and load them on your computer like we do with our camera. then you don't have to worry or have to pay for someone else to care for your photos. Also when my photo card is full I buy a new one, then I always have my photos in case something happens to our computer.
Newer Android phones will back everything up automatically to Google Photos. You can set it to not do it if you are worried about being hacked but hackers go after celebs and rich ppl not the average person.

Storing offsite like that is called "cloud" storage.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts

View attachment 237313
I'm going to pull all of my pics from Photobucket. I have no use for the site now.

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
Yep, I'm going to go through it and pull all the pics I want from the time when one of my phones was stolen before auto cloud backup and that's it. Kinda sad tbth... going from page 1 I started in like 2002 its like my old self showing me what I was into at the time... I mean I won't request my account be deleted but I am going to send them an email basically saying "thank you for going from one of the best sites on the web to just pure hot garbage from a user who has been with you basically from the beginning".

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So, I guess there is no way to allow MEVO members temporary access to edit their posts and threads to attach pictures in place of the broken photobucket links? For example, (as stated above) my "Mods" thread. I'd like to edit the posts and attach pictures plus remove the broken pb links.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t377155/

Otherwise just delete the whole thread as it's most useless without the pictures.

Edit, edit, yes I can edit this one......

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
I don't even think mods have access to do that, would have to be an actual admin. Probably not going to be possible because if we do it for one we have to do it for everyone who wants god rights to certain threads and that could get messy. But yeah they screwed a ton of ppl over, a lot of the tech threads I have favorited are all of a sudden way less helpful.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find it strange that I can edit some posts, but not others. Like I did the one above. How come I can't edit the posts in my mod thread? :blink:

Edit (yes I can), the edit button is not there on the posts in that thread.....

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
This was once a very good place, It is now a stupid idiot rip - off company that does not even have a customer service Number to talk to a human. They have one that you send an e-mail; and get a wrong answer to your problem in about a week.
I was PAYING $$$$$$$$ and still got screwed by these idiots.
I really can not understand why a great company can go downhill so fast ending up with paying Customers dropping them. You would think they would have better business sense.
Ronnie

·
Lorraine's driver
8,190 Posts
I find it strange that I can edit some posts, but not others. Like I did the one above. How come I can't edit the posts in my mod thread? :blink:

Edit (yes I can), the edit button is not there on the posts in that thread.....
There's a time limit on editing posts. After that limit, they become permanent. All that can be changed to the Admin's desire, based on whatever the site rules are. Mods should be able to edit these threads at anytime. If there's an important thread, I'm sure a mod would edit them for you. Maybe group the photos and tell the mod what post number to add them to..? It's can be done, but it would be time consuming for sure.

TBH, what Photobucket has done here is stick a hot, jagged knife in the taint of forums across the web. Imagine all the great info out there on the many subjects there are that are now broken and otherwise useless. It's pretty sad because forums are the best for helping people of a hoard of subjects in this world. :furious::cry:

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
Yep they did, and they are going to go under now. Nobody is going to host to them now at all, I dunno who the hell is going to pay the premium. I'd go as far as to say they are doing this to hold forums/forum members' threads "hostage" and its going to backfire massively.

TBTH they have sucked since about 2010 but so many ppl (like me) had like a decade of stuff on there already so we just suffered with the **** interface and kept on using them.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey Scotty, I was paying for an upgrade and they would not let me do anything. I cancelled them after going to their E-Mail and getting a huge run around after waiting about a week for the non-answer they tried to give me for "THEIR" problem.
I like the way our forum lets us show pictures, It is easy and works very well. Thank you A.M.
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts