Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sct 4 bank tuner

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  WhiteCobra94 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used this to help tune their 5.0. I always thought there wasn't really much to tune on a pushrod 5.0 compared to the modular motors. But if so, what is all there to setup and how well did it work for you or someone you may know who used it.

Thanks.

#4 ·
I'm here to help with anything i have a clue about man! A tune on these cars basically help everything you have in the motor work together. It tells the computer exactly what is doing what. It can also help with anything you have deleted (example: egr) What all do you have in the car right now?

#8 ·
No I understand, any info on this helps me out.
Car has a DSS pro bullet 306, Anderson B21 cam, 1.7 rockers, cast gt-40s, trick flow double springs, value size from a gt-40, gt-40 lower intake,1.5L kenne bell up top, 70mil bbk tb, 90mil maf for 30lbs injectors, bbk equal shorties, bbk x pipe w-cats, raven cat back, rebuilt stock t-5, stock rear end with the 3.08 ( sad face) and w.e else lol

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

The sct chip is fine but in your case I would get a dyno tune done instead of using a canned tune. Your best solution would be to get an Anderson PMS tuner. it allows you to adjust and tune anything, and is more tunable than a chip.
Ya I was looking into the Pms or a quarter horse. Seems like this would be the best bet seens how we could get closer to perfect then just a re flash could.

Just money is low and the car has been siting in the garage ATM needing rear calipers lol. But she surges bad at idle and the rpm hangs after a rev up or when your just driving and the let off. Rpms finally calm down and back to a slight surge.

#12 ·
Ya. Makes seance that the chip would be more of a bolt-ons application like you would buy for a modular but ya dyno for something going past that with forced induction.. Duh lol.

I hope one day it will be a nice ride. Hell I just want it to smart up and be happy till I park it lol HP tune can come next haha. Miss driving it :(

#17 ·
It's a 302 shortblock bored to a 308 from LMR, Edelbrock rpm heads, edelbrock performer 5.0 intake ported / polished, TDS stage 1 cam w/ 1.7rr's, 30lb injectors , 80mm MAF, 75mm TB, off road exhaust, built AODE trans , 4.10 gears , 3,000RPM holeshot torque converter , dynoed at 2nd Speed in Pa @ 310 / 328

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

It's a 302 shortblock bored to a 308 from LMR, Edelbrock rpm heads, edelbrock performer 5.0 intake ported / polished, TDS stage 1 cam w/ 1.7rr's, 30lb injectors , 80mm MAF, 75mm TB, off road exhaust, built AODE trans , 4.10 gears , 3,000RPM holeshot torque converter , dynoed at 2nd Speed in Pa @ 310 / 328
TFS (not TDS , damn iPhone auto correct)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.