Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Smithfield, NC
8,756 Posts
Anyone have the sct 4 bank eliminator chip? How do yall like it vs. a tuner??
The ONLY advantage is not having to load tunes, they can be switched on the fly, even while driving. A handheld is superior in every other aspect. The chip has to be sent in or Dyno tuned to update where as the handheld can be updated via email. Those are the main diff, pretty sure the chip can adjust anything the handheld can just not as conveniently. Maybe an AM rep can chime in.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooo so i gotta send that thing in for a new tune everytime??? I called am today and the guy i talked to said they could email me tunes to put on it an i didnt think that sounded right! Do u kno exactly how u change tunes on it cause i mean there aint no screen or nothin on it lol

· Smithfield, NC
8,756 Posts
Oooo so i gotta send that thing in for a new tune everytime??? I called am today and the guy i talked to said they could email me tunes to put on it an i didnt think that sounded right! Do u kno exactly how u change tunes on it cause i mean there aint no screen or nothin on it lol
It will hold up to 7 tunes. It comes with a cable that attaches to the chip you can route up in the glove box(where I routed mine) and on the end there is a rotary switch labeled 0-7.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

And yes you either mail it in or take it to a Dyno shop to be programmed :good:
Most ppl with 96 and up Stangs go handheld like 99.9% of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.