Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on AM. At some point I will need a tuner, anyone use this and whats it like compared to the regular tuners? Is it worth it, because it looks sick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree! I saw the same thing and I would love to get my hands on it. I'm interested in what everyone has to say.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you want a tuner get a hand held IMO. I just don't trust apple or android for tuning a vehicle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean the AM guy Justin in the video did his HP and 0-60 using is tablet. Is that a legitimate feature. If it is (even if it is off slightly) it seems worth the money. Dont you think?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I mean the AM guy Justin in the video did his HP and 0-60 using is tablet. Is that a legitimate feature. If it is (even if it is off slightly) it seems worth the money. Dont you think?
It would be as accurate as your speedometer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah just about everyone on here that has the Sct tuner has prolly had their car locked down at least once. When I upload the new firmware from Sct I talked with one of the guys and he said that was supposed to be fixed. FYI it takes A really freaking long time to update the handhelds. It took me 2hrs and 40min that's with a high speed connection.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yeah just about everyone on here that has the Sct tuner has prolly had their car locked down at least once. When I upload the new firmware from Sct I talked with one of the guys and he said that was supposed to be fixed. FYI it takes A really freaking long time to update the handhelds. It took me 2hrs and 40min that's with a high speed connection.
Yup. Mine freezes every time and I have to pull the plug, then it takes about an hour and a half to reload the OS. Freaking pile of crap!

·
Registered
716 Posts
86custom said:
If you want a tuner get a hand held IMO. I just don't trust apple or android for tuning a vehicle.
Lol apple/android aren't tuning it... They're just uploading the tune, it's just using the phone as a hard drive in a ridiculously overpriced manner :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
You can download the app & run it in demo mode. I played with it a bit on my tablet after they released the Android version. It looks promising.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I almost bought this before settling on the typical SF3/X3 tuner. What stopped me was you use Bluetooth to communicate with the module plugged into your ODB2 port. If the comm has a brain fart - Kablammo!, now your PCM has a jumbled up tune. Decided to keep the umbilical cord connected to my method of tuneage transfer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought one earlier this year. I still don't think you can use it on a 2012 GT 5.0. They keep saying watch for an update. Right.... Anyway, I got a handheld SCT with my Edelbrock S/C so I gave the Bluetooth job to a friend with a 2006 V6 and it works for him. Nice idea, just not ready for prime time. At any rate, the SCT guys are good guys.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ccorlet said:
I bought one earlier this year. I still don't think you can use it on a 2012 GT 5.0. They keep saying watch for an update. Right.... Anyway, I got a handheld SCT with my Edelbrock S/C so I gave the Bluetooth job to a friend with a 2006 V6 and it works for him. Nice idea, just not ready for prime time. At any rate, the SCT guys are good guys.
Do you think it would work for the 2010 though? I mean the 05-09 are more alike than the 11+

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Do you think it would work for the 2010 though? I mean the 05-09 are more alike than the 11+
Probably, sounds like they don't have the new Copperhead ECU figured out yet. I would ask around in the 05-09 GT forums since there are a lot more experts on the 4.6 3V and accompanying hardware in there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Napoleon85 said:
Probably, sounds like they don't have the new Copperhead ECU figured out yet. I would ask around in the 05-09 GT forums since there are a lot more experts on the 4.6 3V and accompanying hardware in there.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I almost bought this before settling on the typical SF3/X3 tuner. What stopped me was you use Bluetooth to communicate with the module plugged into your ODB2 port. If the comm has a brain fart - Kablammo!, now your PCM has a jumbled up tune. Decided to keep the umbilical cord connected to my method of tuneage transfer.
That's a good point. Using the BT OBD dongle with Torque is one thing--it's just reading data. When the time comes, I'll probably stick with the hardwired option myself (it's cheaper, too).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread back up. But been reading about this itsx and i like the extra features. Anyone have any more experience with them? Is it worth the extra 90 bucks? I use my galaxy 10.1 on my car with a mount. Monitoring and datalogging from the tab itself is pretty neat. The only thing that worries me is the bluetooth effing up and leaving me a brick lol.
Any input

·
Registered
264 Posts
Losing the bluetooth or wireless connection would be my main concern. They do look cool though. I like the Diablosport inTune that I just got, it looks similar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Be aware, the itsx only works with iPod/iPad/iPhone. It won't get discovered on a Galaxy and doesn't work with Torque.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts