Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year
Hello, is here anybody with some experience about the best preload settings for an Mustang V6 2014?
At the Moment i tune only 91 octane and Speed Limit off!
my Carl is complete in Stock.CAI intake and exhaust Settings Not allowed in Germany.
thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Happy New Year
Hello, is here anybody with some experience about the best preload settings for an Mustang V6 2014?
At the Moment i tune only 91 octane and Speed Limit off!
my Carl is complete in Stock.CAI intake and exhaust Settings Not allowed in Germany.
thanks
The SCT settings are generic and limited. You spent the money on the SCT tuner and the way to get the most out of it and your 3.7 is with real tune. Bama or more recently MPT are good choices

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello, I've read a lot about the MPT tunes. I'll think about ordering a tune there. what can you set for the gear pressure? Faster shifting oder harder change the gears?
i Test the 93 and 91 preload tune. In my opinion the 93 was a Little Bit aggressive and the gas Pedal response better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I now have the mpt91, and yes, the gears are tougher, and the third holds up to 7500 rpm. The profit is big. I recommend changing the stock driveshaft for another one of aluminum since it can be split by the crosshead and / or the yunke

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have now ordered and installed an MPT tune. the car is actually a bit more agile. in addition there will be a Borla Atak for a little more sound in the next few days:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a roush axle back.....
try to remove a fuse 47 during 15 min (it is in passenger fuse box on engine compartment.and has 15A )......... and after this........ "drive" it!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
i have a roush axle back.....
try to remove a fuse 47 during 15 min (it is in passenger fuse box on engine compartment.and has 15A )......... and after this........ "drive" it!!
Just an FYI, you don’t have to do the fuse 47 pull with an MPT tune. Once I installed the MPT tune the throttle lag was gone. I asked MPT if they had found a way around the throttle lag, and in not so many words, they agreed that they had. They did not tell me how and that was fine with me (y)

·
Registered
92 Posts
thks mustangdawg, I take note, but I done it and the car`s feeling was diferent. Perhaps was a suggestion

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why pull the fuse? I think everything is Fine! It is More better than Stock.
Pulling that fuse wipes the computers learning memory and forces it to relearn shift points and other values. This memory is also reset when you load a tune. Some do not like what the computer learns. I think it has made my MPT 93 tune much more "streetable" and less harsh. It does not reduce power and most tuners say it is not needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hello have another question, received an update of my MPT tune today. can now simply install it or I have to go back to the original software and then install the new update

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just like crjackson said, always go to stock before you go from one tune to the other. If you can put a battery charger on the car also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts