Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it alright to go with a 93 octane race tune for a daily driver? Too much for the streets? Is it a good idea? Go big or go home!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Is it alright to go with a 93 octane race tune for a daily driver? Too much for the streets? Is it a good idea? Go big or go home!!
I run the race tune everyday!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Is it alright to go with a 93 octane race tune for a daily driver? Too much for the streets? Is it a good idea? Go big or go home!!
I ran each tune on a tank of gas to see what the gas mileage difference was, I had no problem with running it but it burns alot of gas. I run the 87 street it's great performance and it gets great gas mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
I run a BAMA 93 octane race tune, and Im happy with it. My car is my DD, but only gets driven about a mile a day, I also Auto-x and it performs well for both duties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
I wish I could run my 93 race tune, but the highest octane available in my area in 92. Unless I want to pay $4.40 for 100 oc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
I was offered a Bama tuner for my V6. Problem is idk how or exactly what to use it for. Or if its an appropriate tuner and what not. Its a Bama SF3 PowerFlash Tuner Part number 3015. New condition comes with USB cable and device serial starts with XP with 5 unlocks. And its unlocked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BlackSmoke02 said:
I was offered a Bama tuner for my V6. Problem is idk how or exactly what to use it for. Or if its an appropriate tuner and what not. Its a Bama SF3 PowerFlash Tuner Part number 3015. New condition comes with USB cable and device serial starts with XP with 5 unlocks. And its unlocked
Go for it man. It'll work with your V6 and you won't regret it man. You'll love it!! I got mine for free too and you got to buy Bama tunes for life on AM for $150 and they'll send you tunes and just put them on your tuner and go to your car and it takes about 5 minutes and you're good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BlackSmoke02 said:
How exactly does it work? I don't think it'll come with instructions or info or anything.
First off, you gotta go AM and buy that $150 Bama tunes and then they'll email you a code to get in to where you can personalize everything for example like if you have exhaust, CAI, what size tires you're running, gasoline, etc. Then you send those into Bama and within 24-48 hours they'll send your personalized tunes back and you have to download a SCT thing on their website (they'll inform you all about it) and you download those tunes Bama sent to you through email onto your computer and on your SCT thing on your computer you'll upload all three tunes and transfer them to your tuner and once you're done with that then you take it to your car and put it on and you're set. You can always call AM and talk to the Bama guys and they'll help you out. That's what I did cause I was in your shoes when my buddy gave me his unlocked one. But you'll love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlackSmoke02 said:
And there's tunes to better my performance and mileage correct?
Yes! I got mine on performance tune cause I prefer speed over mpg which prolly isn't a good idea but I didn't get my car for the mpg. Otherwise I would've got a bad ass Prius hahaha! But all in all SCT says "More Power, Less Fuel" so in your car I would set it on the street tune so have a little power while also saving some gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
bullitt1075 said:
I run a BAMA 93 octane race tune, and Im happy with it. My car is my DD, but only gets driven about a mile a day, I also Auto-x and it performs well for both duties.
What's auto x?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
You have to watch that "More power, Less fuel" Bull Crap because they had my car running lean i had to up my fuel myself on my tuner!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Skulls98GT said:
I wish I could run my 93 race tune, but the highest octane available in my area in 92. Unless I want to pay $4.40 for 100 oc.
What's .25 more (compared to 93 here)? Id take that all day! If my car was setup for it, that is.

BlackSmoke02 said:
So those 5 tunes that are already in ghe tuner wont work or only if I decide to use them?
5 vehicle limit on the tuner (the "unlocks" previously mentioned), not 5 tunes in the tuner already
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top