Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Speaking of wideband. Maybe you should look into one azure? They are a bit pricey. But could help you insure your a/f is spot on.
This one here...

Innovate Motorsports OT-2 - Transform your iPhone or iPod into a wireless gauge, data logger, dyno, efficiency meter and OBDII scan tool.

Is supposed to be wideband and you can connect to your iPhone and iPad, which is really cool. According to the info, you can datalog as well. You'd think naturally asperated engines would not require an A/F gauge, but I guess we are squeezing the most performance out of the engine.

Besides, I really wanna get a new clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster:D

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Azure said:
This one here...

Innovate Motorsports OT-2 - Transform your iPhone or iPod into a wireless gauge, data logger, dyno, efficiency meter and OBDII scan tool.

Is supposed to be wideband and you can connect to your iPhone and iPad, which is really cool. According to the info, you can datalog as well. You'd think naturally asperated engines would not require an A/F gauge, but I guess we are squeezing the most performance out of the engine.

Besides, I really wanna get a new clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster:D
Yeah I remember you showed me on the other thread. Nice.

They definitely are not required. But as u said, they may help squeez everything out of your tune. That's basically the same means a dyno tuner will use for tuning. :good: I went with a wideband for the same purpose. Especially since I'm carbed. And I also plan on forced induction one day. Maybe a few years from now, but still a plan.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
dreamstang said:
Yeah I remember you showed me on the other thread. Nice.

They definitely are not required. But as u said, they may help squeez everything out of your tune. That's basically the same means a dyno tuner will use for tuning. :good: I went with a wideband for the same purpose. Especially since I'm carbed. And I also plan on forced induction one day. Maybe a few years from now, but still a plan.
Took me forever to find the website again. I keep forgetting the name of the company. Lol :D

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
It's a bit odd that am and bama didn't catch this problem..... If retarding the timing fixed it then you'd think the problem is solved.
The problem is that, while pulling timing may get rid of the pinging, there's no reason he should have to pull timing with the powerful, yet safe amount of timing that our tunes command for the Mach 1's.

There may be an underlying problem, such as dirty fuel filter or throttle body, that is causing the quality of the fuel to be decreased, causing pinging. This is usually easily diagnosed by changing your fuel filter (cheap/easy to do), running a can of seafoam through and cleaning your intake tube and throttle body.

I mean, occasionally there's just a car that doesn't "take" as much timing as others do, and it could be anything - individual tolerances, etc. It's just not that common. That may be the case, though.

I'm confident we can figure out what's going on. He'll work with Mike Wilson, we'll get a few datalogs and diagnose what's going on.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
95v686gt said:
Just to let you guys know I'm enrolling in SCT's online courses and will be getting certified to tune for them.
That's awesome! It would interesting to see what the tuner sees when making adjustment. You know, how user friendly the software is, etc.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'll keep you posted. I have seen some vids on it but it doesn't compare to hands on knowledge with it. I want to be able to actually write tunes myself so that I know what's done to it.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
95v686gt said:
I'll keep you posted. I have seen some vids on it but it doesn't compare to hands on knowledge with it. I want to be able to actually write tunes myself so that I know what's done to it.
Additional job opportunities too! That's always a good thing:)

·
Lorraine's driver
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've been running a rev4 of a 91 racing tune that is a mix of what Bama originally setup and what I experienced by taking out 3 deg of timing from a rev1 tune. Mike Wilson made these adjustments and they seem to be pretty good. The bad thing is the weather has turned "normal" in that we are not even near 90degF outside. it is supposed to get up to 88 later in the week and I will data log with this tune for Mike. I appreciate the help form Mike and the guys from Bama Performance!:good:

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do a Strategy Tune from with the tuners. This has a few more options that you can adjust. One is you can turn off the traction control, so it's off by default. All the options in this thread are present, but unfortunately, I did not see any way to advance timing.:disgust: You can only ** timing. If they had advance timing options in the tuner, it would be perfect for users to tune the cars themselves.
I just checked my Strategy Tune adjustable options available on my SCT SF3 Plus, you do have the option to add 4° of timing in both the lower and mid range RPM sections, the high RPM section allows you to add up to 2° of timing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts