Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to take the vin off the tuner I have to return it bec it's defected and I have to return it they told me to make sure the vin for my car is removed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His email said to make sure the vin is off. I looked all through it and can't find we're my vin is located.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had several issues with it making my car run really bad and I got tired of them trying to fix it and I'm not taking no chance to hurt my $36,000 car.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Ugh, yeah. I'd feel the same way. Are you going to go with a different canned tune or are you just going to stay stock?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well stage 3 motorsports tuned it. Then I talked to the tuning company direct and we tried twice more and it still did not work so I'm not taking no more chances.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Well stage 3 motorsports tuned it. Then I talked to the tuning company direct and we tried twice more and it still did not work so I'm not taking no more chances.
Did you datalog with them? If they just told you over the phone that their tunes are fine then they are full of ****. Any tuner can make a mistake.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They made me a custom tune and that didn't work and then I used the one that automatically comes on the tuner and that had the same issue.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
I've never even heard of anyone with tunes from Stage3. Are there any issues loading the tune? What exactly is the issue?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
If its not even loading the canned tunes correctly something is wrong. Is it possible that the PCM code was mixed up?
When they say take off the vin it means just returning the car to stock so the tuner is unlocked from your VIN. Simple idk why anyone hasn't gotten that yet lol :p but sir I would recommend talking to bamma about getting a tuner from THEM not stage3

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
When they say take off the vin it means just returning the car to stock so the tuner is unlocked from your VIN. Simple idk why anyone hasn't gotten that yet lol :p but sir I would recommend talking to bamma about getting a tuner from THEM not stage3
Yes, somebody already mentioned that. :p

Are you sure they aren't talking about returning it back to stock?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
This is not relevant to what I was saying. My point is that if its not loading the canned tunes correctly is it possible that maybe the OP have the tuner an incorrect PCM code or that the tuner somehow read it incorrectly. I wasn't saying anything about returning to stock

1 - 20 of 25 Posts