Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!,

First Post here and unfortunately it's because of trouble with my X4 Tuner. I came back from a deployment and apparently missed out on 2600 Files worth of updates on my X4. I downloaded the device updater and got it up to date wise there. Every time I check for updates with the software I'm green across the board. The weird part was it said I still needed a tune revision over WiFi (I have no idea why it didn't update over my PC?) so I connected it and let it update. About an hour in the screen didn't show any progress bar or information so I started to google and saw a post about the files becoming corrupt sometimes while downloading and the OP for that thread disconnected his device and reconnected and it continued/completed his download. Unfortunately mine didn't do that. At first I was getting a firmware error and was unable to get through that screen. Somehow I'm not at the main menu but I cannot load tunes onto my tuner, when I try to flash a preloaded tune onto my vehicle to just get it running again (it's my daily, so I'm already screwed doing this on a Friday), And I get an Error Code 110B8, And I have a new battery in and everything (All be that my voltage is higher than most...). Wondering if anyone has had any experience flashing the firmware down or doing a firmware reset (not a factory reset) and being able to update form there? I sent an email to SCT's "Urgent Contact" Email but my hopes aren't that high that they'll respond before monday...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just for clarity, before all this happened did you have a custom tune loaded onto your car using the SCT?

If yes, then you need to know that before you connect your SCT to a computer for updates, you need to return your car to the stock tune. Then when finished, reload your custom tune to your car.

Also, regardless of your battery, you should use a battery charger during tune>car flashing. This is the source of many unexpected failures. Some people have good luck without doing this, others not so much. I’m one of the others...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I returned it to stock, I'll try to put it on my charger in the morning and see what I can do from there. I've got another battery I can swap into it and try as well. Good thing I keep my stock parts. If all else fails I'll just throw the stock intake back on and it should run from there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Code 110D8 & 110B8 are almost always related to vBatt level too low (regardless of what your battery voltage is reporting). It’s a communication error...

Disconnect your car battery overnight, then try again tomorrow after reconnecting the battery, AND with a battery charger connected as well.

Was the car running shortly before attempting to flash (I.e. engine still warm)? It’s quite common, although some people never have this issue. I’ve seen it often though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I actually just brought the car back home and returned it to stock within 10 minutes of being back and started to update my tuner. I went through that whole mess of it saying the device was updated for a good hour or so. Then tried to retune the car to no avail and went back and forth for like three hours freaking out about it. I currently have the battery disconnected and am hoping to get it to tune here in a few hours. If anything I'm going to get get my other parts out of storage so I can just drive it around as it is stock.... Fingers crossed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts