1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Use as directed on can

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Seafoam is great. Did you get it done? I usually put one can in gas tank, one can for induction cleaning. The oil contaminants arrive via the pcv valve, so I like to introduce it slowly through the same path, through pcv valve. The difference in acceleration after cleaning up the throttle body, runners, valves is great. I have an oil separator now & I can see what is getting sucked up into the combustion chamber.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Follow directions:
1. Open can
2. Pour entire contents of can into toilet bowl
3. Flush
4. Enjoy your unbroken vehicle
Mike, please do not reply in this manner.
If you do not agree with the use of a product, please provide a constructive reply with some proof of your opinion.
Replies like this do nothing, but incite arguments on the forums. Thanks, TH

That being said I have used Seafoam in my older equipment with decent results and I think the key is to use it as the manufacturer recommends, but I would hesitate at using in my Mustangs. Before I ever did use it in my Mustang I would thoroughly research it first. :good:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've used it in everything from a go cart, mustang, diesel...just follow the companies instructions and you're golden...99% of issues with it are user errors

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I use it 2-3 times a year sucked up a vacuum line or the pcv line. If we lived close enough, I would offer to purchase the two cans and perform the procedure for you. It is harmless and is a great, great thing to have done. I would buy it, install it, and warranty any problems you feel it caused. Any day.
SEAFOAM is great stuff helping out Mustang V6's that build up "oil shmeg" & dirt deep inside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Recently I just put in sea foam yesterday but I really can't tell if it works till I get my license back

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah I warm up the car, let it idle while I let the motor sip it thu the brake booster hose. Also another thing you can try is Combustion Chamber Cleaner. It's a Mopar product and you can pick some up at a Dodge dealership service office. It's in a spray can with a nozzle straw. It would just undo my intake a little bit, slide it over just enough to fit the straw into and spray it in. I think it works better than seafoam but its more expensive.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Yeah I warm up the car, let it idle while I let the motor sip it thu the brake booster hose. Also another thing you can try is Combustion Chamber Cleaner. It's a Mopar product and you can pick some up at a Dodge dealership service office. It's in a spray can with a nozzle straw. It would just undo my intake a little bit, slide it over just enough to fit the straw into and spray it in. I think it works better than seafoam but its more expensive.
You can clean the combustion chamber with a spray of water too, just don't overdo it and hydro lock the engine.The water turns into super heated steam and helps clean off combustion deposits and it's a lot cheaper than other options.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Torchredmustang said:
I've used this product once... Did whatever the directions said... However, I did not get that awesome white smoke like I've seen in vids on YouTube... :(
The first time I did it a lot of smoke but when I did it again only like half

·
Registered
502 Posts
First time I did it I smoked a lot and then when it ran and died down I took it for a ride and it started blowing smoke again and everyone was looking at me like I had a blown headgasket

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can clean the combustion chamber with a spray of water too, just don't overdo it and hydro lock the engine.The water turns into super heated steam and helps clean off combustion deposits and it's a lot cheaper than other options.
I like this option.
Theres a nice method of using the windshield washer squirter hose to inject water/methanol while driving under 'load'.
A small restriction can be placed in a vacuum line to reduce the amount being sprayed into the throttle body area.
Take wipers off, go for a drive and use the spray function when under 1/2 to full throttle.
Blasts carbon off combustion chamber on contact.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I like this option.
Theres a nice method of using the windshield washer squirter hose to inject water/methanol while driving under 'load'.
A small restriction can be placed in a vacuum line to reduce the amount being sprayed into the throttle body area.
Take wipers off, go for a drive and use the spray function when under 1/2 to full throttle.
Blasts carbon off combustion chamber on contact.
:cool: That's a great idea. :good::good:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts