Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a killer deal on a set of heated/vented leather seats from a 15 and I am putting them into my 99. I figured out the wiring for the height motors no problem, but I can't get the fwd/back motor to budge.

The wires connected to the switch all match the power and height motors, but not the other on the track.

I'd also like to wire up the vents, pretty sure I have that figured out just fine. anyone have a page out of the manual?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
My guess is that the motor for the forward/backward track in those seats is shot. That motor will get the most use. Also check the tracks for any debris that may be keeping the sliders from moving. Does the motor hum at all?

In the 3 sets of leather upgrade seats I've bought for various vehicles, the drivers seat forward/backward motor was shot. Nice thing though is that the motor is the same (at least it was on the sets I bought) for the back seat adjustment, so I swapped it out.
Simply run a ground and power lead off of the battery to temporarily test it prior to installation. And be sure to use the right gauge wire and fuse (or relay). Don't scrimp out, or you can have a good potential for an electrical fire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
I used a fused lead off a battery for testing, and I'll do it right...that's the easy part! Hope nothing's shot, these things are so close to new

I only ask about the track motor because it has 4 wires running into it and it doesn't make sense haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts