Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on today, so i went ahead and scanned the computer. Said the secondary air system circuit shows low voltage. So Im guessing a sensor that has to deal with the air injection system these cars have on them has gone bad. Im not sure what sensor they are talking about thought. Anyone know the name of it??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the only sensors i can think of is the IAC, idle bypass valve, and maf sensor. buy some electronic no residue contact cleaner and clean the maf wires up good if you have a pre 01 you will see a little sensor behind the maf on the air inlet tube pop it out and clean it to (its the iac) and the idle bypass valve is located behind the Throttle body its around cylinder shaped, bolted to the upper intakes back side.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had this pop up; the smog pump went bad. Replaced the pump and the code went away. The secondary Air Injection takes outside air and puts it into the exhaust manifold. Helps with emissions.

·
Registered
574 Posts
BlueDonkey said:
I had this pop up; the smog pump went bad. Replaced the pump and the code went away. The secondary Air Injection takes outside air and puts it into the exhaust manifold. Helps with emissions.
That seems an awful lot like cheating. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts