Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah. Sorry brother, it could be a hundred things. It's all guessing until we can hear it for sure.
No problem, just glad people on forums are helpful and knowledgable. Helps a lot and keeps me from having to keep bringing it to a shop

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Is you belt tight?
Yeah, belts right. Looks like it needs replacing soon but it has good tension. No slack anywhere

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
That's what we are here for. There are some guys here that are great.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Lol. Pat on the back for all of us. His car started. We didn't sign up for more issues. Lol. Jp OP. we got ur back.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I hate say this but I think that was a dowel pin wedged in your starter. Probably another one is still floating around your flywheel. If after the oil change and pulley checks, you still hear screech, you may have to check the flywheel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I hate say this but I think that was a dowel pin wedged in your starter. Probably another one is still floating around your flywheel. If after the oil change and pulley checks, you still hear screech, you may have to check the flywheel.
I'm hoping for the best and hope that's not the issue but when I should that little piece to a friend, he was saying the same thing.

Does it make my situation worse to keep starting the car? Just asking because I wouldn't want to make it worse by doing the oil change and then start it, loosen the belt and check pulleys and then start again

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I'm hoping for the best and hope that's not the issue but when I should that little piece to a friend, he was saying the same thing.

Does it make my situation worse to keep starting the car? Just asking because I wouldn't want to make it worse by doing the oil change and then start it, loosen the belt and check pulleys and then start again
Is the pin tapered, or straight?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Haha sounds good. Are those bearings easy to obtain to replace the one that came out
Hard to say without seeing it, they more than likely came from around the main shaft. You won't know till you get into it, what ever it is, it'll be obvious.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts