Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hard to say without seeing it, they more than likely came from around the main shaft. You won't know till you get into it, what ever it is, it'll be obvious.
Thanks for your help. Also is it easy to take down the tranny in a driveway/garage or do I need to out it on a lift

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Thanks for your help. Also is it easy to take down the tranny in a driveway/garage or do I need to out it on a lift
You can do it, but a lift will be much easier. Get a 30" extension and remove all the bolts from the bale housing , lot easier than trying to get your hands in there.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Should be able to separate the tranny easily and push it back enough to get to the flywheel. You'll need a jack for the tranny and the car on jack stands or ramps. I feel better under ramps. Good time to check u joints and replace if needed.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Should be able to separate the tranny easily and push it back enough to get to the flywheel. You'll need a jack for the tranny and the car on jack stands or ramps. I feel better under ramps. Good time to check u joints and replace if needed.
It's not the flywheel, the piece he has is a bearing, the squealing is just more evidence.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Iv had my tranny out about 7 times... I can drop in 30 mins haha iv done it all under the car just make sure its high enough so you can slide the tranny out there is only a handful of bolts holing it in the car.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts