Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I my girlfriend bought me the sequential tail light kit. I've had it in for a month or so and im having a problem with one of the harnesses where the two outer bulbs don't light up with the blinker. With the hazards on only the middle doesn't light up assuming it blew the middle bulb. Which I replaced the day I put it in, because it blew as soon as installed it. I plan to put in another bulb and see what happens but it's pretty frustrating that this is happening. Anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had that plug n play kit and it burnt my bulbs like 2 or 3 times, but never had a problem like yours is doing. Does all your electrical work fine? maybe you have a loose plug somewhere?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I my girlfriend bought me the sequential tail light kit. I've had it in for a month or so and im having a problem with one of the harnesses where the two outer bulbs don't light up with the blinker. With the hazards on only the middle doesn't light up assuming it blew the middle bulb. Which I replaced the day I put it in, because it blew as soon as installed it. I plan to put in another bulb and see what happens but it's pretty frustrating that this is happening. Anyone have this problem before?
I had this problem. It's the harness not the bulbs. I returned it back to AM because they have a 2 year warranty on Raxiom products!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was it a faulty harness or do all have poor quality? Oddly enough I ordered a set last night.
I think it's a bad harness. My right one is perfect.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I had this problem. It's the harness not the bulbs. I returned it back to AM because they have a 2 year warranty on Raxiom products!
I'm probably going to call tomorrow and get a replacement

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I would also suggest getting the modifier that makes it slow down.
I didn't know they had that. How much is it?

·
Registered
292 Posts

I've had mine for 2 years now and have had no problems with it, so I'm guessing you have a bad harness.
As the other guy mentioned, they have the warranty so they will replace yours for you.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had mine for 2 years now and have had no problems with it, so I'm guessing you have a bad harness. As the other guy mentioned, they have the warranty so they will replace yours for you.
Damn, I had a feeling I got a bad harness. But thanks man! I'll have to call and talk to them.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I can't find the thing that slows them down...link?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I found it but not for the s197

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sorry guys, me and Midnight have the same type of mustang. I was only talking to him. I looked for the modifier for the S197s on AM and didn't find it. If they do exist, they're not on AM...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry guys, me and Midnight have the same type of mustang. I was only talking to him. I looked for the modifier for the S197s on AM and didn't find it. If they do exist, they're not on AM...
They don't. The best answer I found was to use a higher wattage bulb. But, honestly the S197 Sequentials don't blink as fast as the new edge kits. They almost look like chaser lights on the new edge.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts