Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Davo_281GT said:
Very nice! If I wasn't getting the Gen5's from AM, I would be all over this!!
I've been buying those kits since 2004. Have installed a ton of them.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Compstall said:
Thanks for the resume
You're welcome!

My experience includes 94-09 mustangs and all of the type kits they sell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright so weird thing when I installed mine. Put one in no prob. When I was putting the other one in and had the lights laid out so as I could see em and set em up in the order they were lighting up, I noticed that one bulb was not lighting. I switched lights to find out it was the harness. Son of a *****! I had already committed and it was getting late so I just put it on knowing it would look stupid when turning left. When I brought the woman out to take a look see, all of the lights were working. Kinda odd to say the least, but after being pissed cuz I had already read this post about a faulty harness, I was so happy to see that I didn't need to send mine back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Raxiom Sequential LED plug and play harness

Hey, so I've been having trouble for about a month now and i genuinely cannot figure out for the life of me what is going on.. So, it starts like this..

I purchased off of American Muscle a Smoked Tail Light with Sequential Harness'. The harness' came with a sequential box, and seperate resistors. Now, it said i had to buy the LED bulbs with the purchase, so I did. I recieved them and got to unboxing, and well, found out they only worked with the factory Halogens. When i plug my LED tail lights into the harness, they are sequential up until the parking/head lights are turned on, then they all flash at the same time, where as when I have the halogens in them, they are sequential with the lights on/off, doesn't matter. Now, I have returned the harness 3 times, and today recieved the LED Sequential Harness for my 2005 Mustang v6. And I'm having the exact same issue, and I really don't know what the heck is going on. Is there anyone that could possibly help me out to try to find out what I may or may not be doing wrong??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, so I've been having trouble for about a month now and i genuinely cannot figure out for the life of me what is going on.. So, it starts like this..

I purchased off of American Muscle a Smoked Tail Light with Sequential Harness'. The harness' came with a sequential box, and seperate resistors. Now, it said i had to buy the LED bulbs with the purchase, so I did. I recieved them and got to unboxing, and well, found out they only worked with the factory Halogens. When i plug my LED tail lights into the harness, they are sequential up until the parking/head lights are turned on, then they all flash at the same time, where as when I have the halogens in them, they are sequential with the lights on/off, doesn't matter. Now, I have returned the harness 3 times, and today recieved the LED Sequential Harness for my 2005 Mustang v6. And I'm having the exact same issue, and I really don't know what the heck is going on. Is there anyone that could possibly help me out to try to find out what I may or may not be doing wrong??
I installed the Sequential Harness about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. It all works perfectly. That said, I am not using LED lights. I am using the stock bulbs that originally came with the car and that may be the difference. The resistance in LED's are significantly different than incandescent bulbs and do cause issues. That's why you need resistors or load boxes to make them work correctly otherwise it plays havoc with the car computer and even then it might still cause issues.

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts

Did you install the resistors properly? They simulate an electric load like the halogen bulbs draw when using LED's. They should be wired between the positive and negative wires leading to the sequential LED lights. I think that your halogens would be dim if the resistors were doing their job.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts