Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the splice-in kits available on AM. Having never done any lights, I'm just wondering about the labor involved. Looks pretty simple, but is it?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I did splice ins on my cousins 97 GT. it wasn't hard. Do you have a link to the splice In kit where I could look ?? I personally have the plug & play. Mucho easier.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Takes 20 minutes to do the splice kits. Check out other places as well to save some money. The place I buy mine is much cheaper

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Takes 20 minutes to do the splice kits. Check out other places as well to save some money. The place I buy mine is much cheaper
Is it acceptable for you to provide me with a link? Or is non-sponsor linking frowned upon?

The plug in kits ride on the same signal, right? With a plug in kit I'm not going to have to install a secondary signal switch am I?

This is a must-do on my 06. I just want it done right. Even if it means ordering the kit and having to pay for a professional install, but I get that they're supposed to be seriously easy to install.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mkolabin said:
Looking at the splice-in kits available on AM. Having never done any lights, I'm just wondering about the labor involved. Looks pretty simple, but is it?
You can plug it right in and it's ready to go (plug and play).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Just need a slower relay. Unless the shooter flow is your style

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome.

I checked out the plug in kits. They look very easy. Don't know what I was worried about.

Just a question between:

Or

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the site I jut used to get the kit for my cousins GT
I can't check right now, as that site has built in sound, but how do they compare in price to the ones on AM? Also, reliability?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Mkolabin said:
I can't check right now, as that site has built in sound, but how do they compare in price to the ones on AM? Also, reliability?

Thoughts?
This vs. this. The only reason I got the plug and play kit from AM is that's where I found them before I knew how to compare lol my plug/play kit from AM has/is working great without any problems going on a little more than a year. My cousins splice in kit has only been in a week or so without problems. So far both kit are doing well.

3 pics is the link above that mellow posted & 2 pics is AM

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mkolabin said:
Awesome.

I checked out the plug in kits. They look very easy. Don't know what I was worried about.

Just a question between:

Or

The first one is sequential an the second one is chase sequential. The second one looks a lot better but is not offered in a plug and play. I'd still go with the first one.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Mkolabin said:

Thoughts?
I installed my first kit on my 02 in 2004. Those taillights with that kit are on our 04. The kit on my cobra was installed in 05. No issues from either and out of the 20+ i've never had a bad batch.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed my first kit on my 02 in 2004. Those taillights with that kit are on our 04. The kit on my cobra was installed in 05. No issues from either and out of the 20+ i've never had a bad batch.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I'll go plug and play with the chase sequential.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mkolabin said:
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I'll go plug and play with the chase sequential.
Idk where your getting your kit from but I haven't seen a plug and play chase harness. I think they only sell splice kits

1 - 20 of 20 Posts