Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought autotrix 96-04 splice in kit and just installed my passenger side, and my inside light blinks twice then the middle and the outside one does not at all Anyone know why?"
Brake lights all work, so nothing wrong with the bulbs. Red wire is hooked up to the orange and blue outside light. Orange is to the orange and blue middle light. Blue without the end to the two orange and blue that use to feed the lights. Other blue to the inside light labeled major, had to splice because the end wasn't the same going into the socket. Black wire to the outside light labeled grd. What am I missing? Do both sides need to be hooked up to work?
Link to their install instructions https://www.autotrix.net/install/96-04MustangSequentialTaillights.asp

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, they said check the light bulbs and make sure the middle and outside light had the right wires going to them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's either wired wrong or you don't have a good connection on a splice somewhere. I had the same kit I put on my 04. Did you get the Raxiom Flasher for them? The stock flasher will make them blink too fast. There's one made for the kit that will slow them down. I can't remember the wiring for the lights as that was 3 - 4 Mustangs ago. I'm sure there's a How To video on you tube though. Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why did you buy the kit that had you do any splicing. It didn't cost much more to buy the plug and play, which is what I did and it took less than five minutes to do the swap and no extra work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts