Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Ford Mustang GT (stock) and I looked at my serpentine belt and it is showing signs of wear and tear and I was actually considering changing it myself but I have been reluctant as I am a notice DIY'er. Could you guys run me by step by step directions as how to go about changing it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just note how the belt is ran or there may be a sticker showing how. Then just use a socket and pry bar and pull on your tensioner and pull the old belt off and then run it all and pull the tensioner and put it on

·
Registered
470 Posts
t0t4lbl4ck0ut said:
Just note how the belt is ran or there may be a sticker showing how. Then just use a socket and pry bar and pull on your tensioner and pull the old belt off and then run it all and pull the tensioner and put it on
There is like a filter that is attached to a pulley mount you'll have to pull it out of the way to get belt on or off also I just found out because I made this mistake but if you replace an alternator
There is a return wire kit you have to buy for any that are rates over the 105amp factory one... I had a 160 amp and replaced it too because I didn't know that. I guess factory return wire can't handle high voltage...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts