Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a weird star shaped thing on the tension pulley I tried using the ratchet which doesn't fit

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Help me!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
There is a square hole that you stick a half inch braker bar into and then rotate counter clockwise about 80 degrees to release tension on the belt. Super easy. Its not in the center of the pulley, but about 1 1/2 - 2 inches up the tensioner arm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried using that square hole! And nothing and I broke the pulley yesterday and got it fixed at bell tire but thanks ill remember that next time but i am 17 years old ill have to learn the hard way

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey man these are great cars to learn how to fix. I'm 21 and have done a great deal of work to my car and learned a lot. I was 18 when I first got it. If you need any help let me know

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I tried using that square hole! And nothing and I broke the pulley yesterday and got it fixed at bell tire but thanks ill remember that next time but i am 17 years old ill have to learn the hard way
next time just keep working at it...a replacement pulley will run you under $20 at any autoparts store and it's a quick swap. at least you tried before going to a shop :good:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At my auto parts store it was 55$ but I just paid bell tire to put it on I just was annoyed and didn't wanna deal with it anymore, I just wanted to change my alternator that day and it ended bad

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
At my auto parts store it was 55$ but I just paid bell tire to put it on I just was annoyed and didn't wanna deal with it anymore, I just wanted to change my alternator that day and it ended bad
what you priced was the assembly i can say with 99.9% certainty...the pulley by itself would be under $20

1 - 12 of 12 Posts