Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often does it need replaced. What are the signs that the belt is getting old/needs replaced.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone told me once you can't see the writing anymore it was time to change it. Does that sound about right?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
No, that's not right. The intervals when you should change your belt depend on where you live. People in desert locations will obviously need to change their belts more frequently as to people that live in the steamy southeast. But look for wear signs like pieces of the ribs on the belt missing or consecutive cracks. Cracking in the belt is normal after it gets a little old, but when you have lots of cracks and they are all near the same spot, it's best to just replace it.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have about 42,000 miles on it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I've got 50k on mine and it looks good as new, all depends on where you live like he said.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
No, that's not right. The intervals when you should change your belt depend on where you live. People in desert locations will obviously need to change their belts more frequently as to people that live in the steamy southeast. But look for wear signs like pieces of the ribs on the belt missing or consecutive cracks. Cracking in the belt is normal after it gets a little old, but when you have lots of cracks and they are all near the same spot, it's best to just replace it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That was a strange double post..23 minutes inbetween them lol

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
haha, yeah. but he's right. both times. :)
haha :lol: See I'm always right, even twice in a row. I had a server problem, and it said I needed to refresh the screen for the post to go through. So that's how it got posted twice. Weird... :wtf2:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info (twice ;) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts