Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started having an issue today where after I pull my key out of the ignition the gauge cluster comes on and off and then eventually it comes on and says "Service Advancetrac". After a few moments it goes off and gauges go off and the security indicator flashes like normal. After exiting the vehicle and locking it things seem ok. Then the gauges start to flash again and the same message appears. Any reason why this is happening? NOTE: vehicle is BAMA tuned.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: Flashed back to stock and now the "Check Engine" light is on and the "Security" light is flashing. :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not try disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes.It might reset everything.
I disconnected the battery and touched the ends of the cables together for 10 seconds and it fixed the problem. Compliments of a Ford technician lol WIN!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Check your battery condition. random electrical glitches can be caused by fairly slight undervolt conditions on a modern car.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Agreed, check your battery's condition. Battery issues usually cause weird results. Plus, there's no reason the Bama tune should cause this symptom.

Let us know how you make out!

Shane

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I thought all was well but it is doing it again this morning and I tried what I did yesterday with the battery with no luck :( this sucks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ok I thought all was well but it is doing it again this morning and I tried what I did yesterday with the battery with no luck :( this sucks
Sounds like the next step is to check your battery... Maybe replace... Perhaps a short somewhere too?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just had the battery replaced less than 1000 miles ago by the Ford dealer.
I checked it but it said there were no codes. Weird.
Untamed5.0,

It is possible to have a battery with a cracked or damaged cell. That might be the case for you brand new battery. You should have it tested, just in case.

Next time a CEL comes on, keep your tuner in the car so you can check it right away. The CEL will help point us in the right direct!

Shane

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies. I haven't had an issue in the past few days. This is really strange. The next time I do I'll be prepared with tuner in hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts