Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at all. I was on the highway last night with my cruise control set and when I looked down this message was lot up. Nothing else is different except that I have no TCS or ESC.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not at all. I was on the highway last night with my cruise control set and when I looked down this message was lot up. Nothing else is different except that I have no TCS or ESC.
Probably just a bad sensor. Hopefully!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I get that from time to time after going low speed full lock turn... Full lock turn Backing up is typically when I get it. I'm positive it is the diameter of my tires (different than stock).... Doesn't stay after ****ting down, pulling the key and restarting.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has stayed on constantly through many stops and starts. I checked the fuses hoping it was something simple but, no such luck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just heard from the dealership. They said there was air in the brake lines. They bled the brakes and it is all good to go. On my way to pick it up now.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
sometimes when i wash my car if I get a lot of water in the wheel area the light comes on for a bit until it dries off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Service AdvanceTrac light just came on for me on my 2010 GT and the dealer told me the whole ABS Module needs to be replaced. Said a bad valve circuit for the right front is bad.

Warranty is 36,000 miles and I'm at 38,000 miles... $98 for the tech to look at... $385 for parts and labor before taxes :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
My "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" came on this past weekend after some spirited laps. During a lap the rear brakes seemed to pulsate by grabbing off and on, then ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/SERVICE ADVANCETRAC popped on at same time. Came in after that and lots of noise coming from driver-side rear brakes.

Now, I think I have to bring it in for servicing. "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" is not illuminated right now, but there is excessive noise coming from rear brakes. Noise happens during sweeping right turns the most, but it is happening at other times, as well.

I may have forgot to engage SPORT MODE during last session, so I'm wondering if some of my mods are affecting ADVANCETRAC... (Wavetrac rear diff/Boss 302 brakelines)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" came on this past weekend after some spirited laps. During a lap the rear brakes seemed to pulsate by grabbing off and on, then ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/SERVICE ADVANCETRAC popped on at same time. Came in after that and lots of noise coming from driver-side rear brakes.

Now, I think I have to bring it in for servicing. "SERVICE ADVANCETRAC" is not illuminated right now, but there is excessive noise coming from rear brakes. Noise happens during sweeping right turns the most, but it is happening at other times, as well.

I may have forgot to engage SPORT MODE during last session, so I'm wondering if some of my mods are affecting ADVANCETRAC... (Wavetrac rear diff/Boss 302 brakelines)
I would say since you were still probably pushing it and fighting the advance trac (not slowing down or stopping), the system was essentially slamming / pulsing already hot brakes while under load. I suspect your rear pads are toast and rotors are probably warped. This would be an opportunity to upgrade the rears (13" steeda kit + better pads perhaps?).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say since you were still probably pushing it and fighting the advance trac (not slowing down or stopping), the system was essentially slamming / pulsing already hot brakes while under load. I suspect your rear pads are toast and rotors are probably warped. This would be an opportunity to upgrade the rears (13" steeda kit + better pads perhaps?).
I think you are absolutely right... I actually have Hawk HPS pads(Brembo front/Stock rear)on stand-by, but didn't get the rotors yet(most likely DBA 5000 T3 fronts/4000 T3 rears). I need to use separate pads/rotors for track days, but I'm guessing they were ready to go from my spirited street driving anyway. I think due to the lowering of the Steeda Sport springs, weight transfer change has the rear brakes working harder than the stock set-up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
2011 Mustang GT M6- 36K miles.
My Service Advancetrac came on today, accompanied by the stability control light and the stability control off light and my power steering quit working simultanously as well. Shut the car off, waited 30 seconds and restarted- everything was ok. Driving out of the neighborhood it all happened again. Since then, when I have started the car, I get the same symptoms. Sometimes when I shut it off and restart it, the symptoms do not occur, sometimes they do. My car is much modified, but there have not been any mods done to it this year that would have caused this, so I guess I need to take her to the dealer, huh? All this doggone electronic crap anyway...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
bellski said:
2011 Mustang GT M6- 36K miles.
My Service Advancetrac came on today, accompanied by the stability control light and the stability control off light and my power steering quit working simultanously as well. Shut the car off, waited 30 seconds and restarted- everything was ok. Driving out of the neighborhood it all happened again. Since then, when I have started the car, I get the same symptoms. Sometimes when I shut it off and restart it, the symptoms do not occur, sometimes they do. My car is much modified, but there have not been any mods done to it this year that would have caused this, so I guess I need to take her to the dealer, huh? All this doggone electronic crap anyway...
Have you done ANYTHING at all to it? Even obdii can do that to it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The things that I have done to is this spring (since I got it out of storage) are as follows:

Boss 302 LS rear seat delete and x brace
Boss 302 seats
JLT Catch Cans (driver and passenger)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
bellski said:
The things that I have done to is this spring (since I got it out of storage) are as follows:

Boss 302 LS rear seat delete and x brace
Boss 302 seats
JLT Catch Cans (driver and passenger)
It's possible the catch can is setting something off. Unlikely, but possible. I had an instruments reading off my obdii that was doing what your getting. I would not guess it's the catch can first, but you never know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, it's at the dealer now- will be interesting to see what they say.
I cannot imagine it's the catch cans- they have no electrical interface at all.
Will let you know what I find out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts