Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
bellski said:
Well, it's at the dealer now- will be interesting to see what they say.
I cannot imagine it's the catch cans- they have no electrical interface at all.
Will let you know what I find out.
They could be doing something to cause it. They might touch something, bump it, cause something to go off. I never thought reading a code would almost completely disable my car while driving, but sure enough.

·
Registered
283 Posts
OK- I just got the call from the Ford Dealer.
It is in fact the steering rack and we are looking at $1500 parts and labor.
Although I want to be pissed that my car is only 500 miles over the 36k mile warranty, I have to believe that with all the mods the car has, they would deny me warranty coverage on this anyway. wtf- it's only money- right?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
OK- I just got the call from the Ford Dealer.
It is in fact the steering rack and we are looking at $1500 parts and labor.
Although I want to be pissed that my car is only 500 miles over the 36k mile warranty, I have to believe that with all the mods the car has, they would deny me warranty coverage on this anyway. wtf- it's only money- right?
That's crazy! Glad I bought the 100k warranty

·
Registered
283 Posts
OK Gents- here is the latest. Picked up my car at the dealer Thursday- parked it in the garage as I was going to be out of town all weekend. Yesterday (Monday), I fired it up and took er for a spin. After 20 miles or so, I lost power steering once more and all 3 Advancetrac lights came on again. Dropped it off at the Ford dealer again.
It really has me concerned that I spent $1600 and it is now doing EXACTLY the same thing as it was before. Will keep you posted.
Signed,
Frustrated

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
OK Gents- here is the latest. Picked up my car at the dealer Thursday- parked it in the garage as I was going to be out of town all weekend. Yesterday (Monday), I fired it up and took er for a spin. After 20 miles or so, I lost power steering once more and all 3 Advancetrac lights came on again. Dropped it off at the Ford dealer again.
It really has me concerned that I spent $1600 and it is now doing EXACTLY the same thing as it was before. Will keep you posted.
Signed,
Frustrated
Sounds like it's time to get a lawyer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As an update- I spoke to my Ford dealer late Friday afternoon, they are still working on diagnosing the problem. They acknowledge that it is something electronic, but as of yet have not been able to diagnose it. They tell me that they are working in direct communication with Ford (corporate) with regards to the process they are using to figure this out. They assure me that they will figure this out, so I am trying to be patient, but jeez Louise, the weather here is finally starting to get decent and I want to get my baby on the road...

Will keep all apprised of progress here...

·
Registered
721 Posts
As an update- I spoke to my Ford dealer late Friday afternoon, they are still working on diagnosing the problem. They acknowledge that it is something electronic, but as of yet have not been able to diagnose it. They tell me that they are working in direct communication with Ford (corporate) with regards to the process they are using to figure this out. They assure me that they will figure this out, so I am trying to be patient, but jeez Louise, the weather here is finally starting to get decent and I want to get my baby on the road...

Will keep all apprised of progress here...
Just out of curiosity are you tuned?

·
Registered
283 Posts
yep, got a 93 octane Jon Lund tune on it. Had this tune on it for a year.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
None of his mods would be affecting his car like he says it's being affected. Does your car act like this when it's bone dry outside also? Thinking maybe a connector is getting wet or something? It's crazy how something electrical can ruin the whole car. Never used to be that way! We used to swap 4bt cummins engines into FJ's and literally run them off of a power and a ground wire.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Weather and humidity have zero affect upon this. This car is never driven in inclement weather at all anyway. The Ford dealer has told me that it is acting like it is an electrical connection issue and they are tracing the entire warning harness to determine where it lies. Will update everyone when I know more.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
None of his mods would be affecting his car like he says it's being affected. Does your car act like this when it's bone dry outside also? Thinking maybe a connector is getting wet or something? It's crazy how something electrical can ruin the whole car. Never used to be that way! We used to swap 4bt cummins engines into FJ's and literally run them off of a power and a ground wire.
Yeah I had it happen once in a parking lot with some gravel. Turning the car off and back on again fixed it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got my car back rhis afternoon. Drove it 25 miles or so and everything sees fine. Dealer said it was a loose bolt attaching the ground strap on the steeringg rack ;which they had just replaced. We'll see if that fixes it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2010 GT also had this problem. The dealership kept it for 2 days. They finally replaced the battery. No more problems. The tech told me that my battery was weak but not weak enough to not start the car. It was messing with the computer. I had no codes....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Already had the battery checked out- no problem there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Update- I have 150 miles on it and all is well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
it sure is an update, if you read the thread...

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Lol, that's no update, what was the problem.
Here was the fix.

I got my car back this afternoon. Drove it 25 miles or so and everything sees fine. Dealer said it was a loose bolt attaching the ground strap on the steering rack; which they had just replaced. We'll see if that fixes it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get that from time to time after going low speed full lock turn... Full lock turn Backing up is typically when I get it. I'm positive it is the diameter of my tires (different than stock).... Doesn't stay after ****ting down, pulling the key and restarting.
i have this exact same problem, but i am running stock wheel/tire size.

did you get it diagnosed since you last posted this? i'm reluctant to go to the dealer because my last experience was not the best.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts