Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sad Panda
5,638 Posts
take it to autozone & get the engine code read possibly. it could be as simple as a loose gas cap

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take it to autozone & get the engine code read possibly. it could be as simple as a loose gas cap
So nothing serious??? I just went to autozone and the guy said they don't read codes in California, I'm pissed off cuz I never heard of that. He said check engine light? I told him no it's service engine and he kept telling me it was a check engine light. lmao WTF Im not stupid dude.

·
Sad Panda
5,638 Posts
I didn't know California didn't even read the codes? that's odd

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

i would say if the car isn't driving bad then its not important. i guess it could mean simple maintenance stuff like oil, air, plugs, or wires or something like that but im not positive

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so could an actual mechanic shop?
I hope so, imma take it to my work tomorrow and have them run the codes, I smell a little bit of gas past week on passenger side which is where the gas cap is after driving so I'm hoping that's what it is.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
A check engine light and service engine light are the same thing...you work at ford right? Either way....as I posted in the other thread...there are over 2000 codes. With your symptoms could be anything from gasket to grommet to cap.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
:facepalm: idk where the hell you're going to. Reading codes is not illegal. Auto techs call those lights MILL lights. It cost about $80-$90 to get them read and or cleared. If I were you I'd invest in a cheap scan tool. Cost about the same. If you work for ford then ask if you can plug it in to get the codes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:facepalm: idk where the hell you're going to. Reading codes is not illegal. Auto techs call those lights MILL lights. It cost about $80-$90 to get them read and or cleared. If I were you I'd invest in a cheap scan tool. Cost about the same. If you work for ford then ask if you can plug it in to get the codes.
Facepalm California prohibits autopart stores to read check engine lights. The law. I will have to wait Til I go to work to get it checked out

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
So buy a scan tool off of amazon. You can buy blue tooth models to connect to your smart phone for about $30.

Edit: lol just saw the post above me..that works

1 - 20 of 20 Posts