Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used mustang, 37k miles on it, that was yesterday. Tonight, at 11pm, too late to call the dealer, I got a Service ENgine SOon light that popped up out of nowhere while gettin on the freeway. I'm freaking out, I don't know what it is, and I don't know how I could have gotten that. The car is running perfectly fine, but I'm scared. Could someone please give advice on what causes that light to pop up? I turned it off and on and it remains constant. :( :-? :oops: :(

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
could be a number of things. The easiest thing to do is go to a AutoZone and have them read the code for free.Then go back to the dealer armed with the code that came up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You have a warantee for the car? If that's the case ya shouldn't worry too much. Even without the warantee, the dealer might help you out with it if you purchased it VERY recently.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so I go to the dealership and I have them run the diagnostic.

First thing I see is
Misfire in 4th Cylinder

well somethign to that extent...

anyway the guy's like, "there's no code for it, so I can't do anything..."

I'm freaking out, it might be my mind playing tricks on me but i swear my idle is shaking like crazy when i turn teh car on and it's cold.

he resets it, next day, it's fine it's fine it's fine, then blink on and off bout 5 times then it's back on bright, Service Engine Soon.

assuming it is this "4th cylinder misfire", what can I do about it? What does that mean?

BAH! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Well, if it's misfiring, you can start by changing out your spark plugs and wire, might not help, but it can never hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts