Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help with these OBDII codes:

PO0411:
The PCM has determined that the flow detected in the secondary air injection system is incorrect for the current engine operating conditions.

P1414:
SAI System Monitor Circuit High Input

·
Registered
301 Posts
I saw the second one a couple times; it cleared itself out after a bit. I noticed no driveability issues. Secondary Air Injection is a system that "injects" outside air into your exhaust in order to help emissions.

I'm still scratching my head as to why it tripped the code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe my SES was tripped w/these codes because of the CA emmisons package. My "smog pump" in my passenger side front fender stopped working. Apparently you only use this for the first 0-120 seconds that you car starts up. Looks like I am going to have to delete the kit, and block-off the EGR valve.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Keywords: CA emissions package, doesn't make sense though, since he lives in VA, why would you have CA emissions?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Don't know unless the cars were originally set to be shipped to CA and they sent them elsewhere for some reason???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danger Dude said:
You dont have a V6 stang!!!!! there should not be a smog pump on it
The V6's also have option of having the Cali emissions package. Rick was right, my car was originally going to be sold in California, but some how ended up in VA by train.

Since my "smog pump" has died is there any way to remove the SES light without getting a chip/reburn? Besides a temp code delete?

·
Registered
567 Posts
why? does the light bother you that much?

I have a light because I deleted my EGR and A.I.R system...just eventually get used to it being on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ive had the same codes on for about 3 months and everything runs fine. And that with driving the way i do. i cleared the codes yesterday by disconnecting the negative terminal, so we will see what happens but if they come back on im takin it to ford and if they tell me its the smog pump of some stupid **** like that, i aint repairing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your going to want to turn the light off eventually because if something else goes wrong you wont know it because the lights already on. and its not like every other month/week whatever your going to check your codes so that u know ur car is okay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got my diagnostics done by a guy who is putting my headers in and he found out that the codes that were coming out said that i needed a new air pump which ended up costing my i think like 400 dollars labor and everything. So thats what mine meant i dont know about the rest of yall but just giving yall a heads up that thats what it might be.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My 02 keeps tripping codes because my gas cap is messed up and doesn't seal right. It trips both the gas cap light and the check engine light. I'm gonna buy a new gas cap eventually but for now I just clear the code about once a week and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
p0411 i got that same stupid code and nothing i have done has fixed it. i changed the EGR and the AIR PUMP and it still comes on... i dont know how to fix it... dont know what to doooo!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts