Mustang Evolution Forum banner

several Questions all good stuff

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Monkey 
#1 ·
22 or 21#ers? i thougth all 99+'s had 21#ers, didn' tknow they made a 22.

#3 ·
Figure that is at the flywheel. As long as you don't try to run slicks you will probably be ok, one hard launch with slicks and it probably going to be bye bye 7.5. You should really dyno your engine without the nitrous, then add the nitrous on for another run. Nitrous hp isn't true hp, its from a bottle, and its not always there, that is more hp than my GT dynoed at last time, and I bet you couldn't beat me with the bottle.

#5 ·
Well, I only dynoed 232.1 rwhp and 274.4 rwtq, of course I have added a 70mm throttle body and a Magnaflow 2.5 in. exhaust system since then, also a mac cat H pipe, and a set of 3.73s and an aluminum driveshaft, but he dynoed more than I did with the juice, hummmmm. :D

#6 ·
hey rick.. if he went from a stop, he could prolly get close if not beat you with the spray. the major difference in v6 vs v8 is the torque. you could have 260bhp in a v6, but you need the off the line torque to match the GT's. that is where nitrous lags. you cant spray til the end of first gear.

however, going from a stop, he could drop the clutch at 3000rpms and spray off the line (and have a 90% chance of breaking his rear, but thats another issue). i bet i could have kept up with you when i was fully modded ;)

anyway, you dont need valve springs, i was just saying its a great investment. theyre about $100 for a decent set and will make a world of difference. as for the clutch, look into a SPEC stage II clutch when you get the heads and cam. youll be getting really close to needing one, and if you take into account the price of that, then youll be doing good financial planning.

#7 ·
I would be surprized it there were not V6s around that could outrun my GT, in fact I am sure that there are, yours might have been one of them. I am afraid that Danger Dude might smoke me good now. :shock: When this guy gets his heads and cam and all together I am sure he would have a good chance, i don't think he could take me N/A, dont' think Corey could either, but with that joy juice, I am afraid they could. :oops:

#8 ·
oh, i have no doubt that NA vs NA, you would win agains any V6 out there. it takes us a blower or giggle juice to even compare. we have to make up 2 extra cylinders. i think when this guy gets his heads and cam, he'll have a really good performing machine

#9 ·
These guys that do similar stuff to a modular V8, ie port and polish heads, bullitt intakes, oversized valves maybe, high lift long duration cams, and say a Kenne Bell blower, or any good blower, could be looking at upwards of 700 rwhp though, and not spending any more much than we spent to mod up a V6, I am sorry, i don't want 600 or 700 rwhp under my hood, 300 or so is plenty for me, lol. :shock: I am not running in the Winston Cup series, or even trying to break into professional drag racing, hahaha.

#10 ·
Rick0636 said:
These guys that do similar stuff to a modular V8, ie port and polish heads, bullitt intakes, oversized valves maybe, high lift long duration cams, and say a Kenne Bell blower, or any good blower, could be looking at upwards of 700 rwhp though, and not spending any more much than we spent to mod up a V6, I am sorry, i don't want 600 or 700 rwhp under my hood, 300 or so is plenty for me, lol. :shock: I am not running in the Winston Cup series, or even trying to break into professional drag racing, hahaha.
Yeah same here. I just want some nice hp and tq for cruising and car shows. :D

#11 ·
i Have done a run with out the bottle and I made 175 HP and 200 lb of TQ
I rached a GT with and exaust system last night and spanked him. He was trying hard scraching gears and such, however he couldnt pull nearly as hard as mee. By the way my TQ on the bottle is 300, much more than a GT, and my 3.73 gears kick me harder off the line. If you want a good run Rick0636, I would be much willing to line up :mrgreen:

#13 ·
It would be no disgrace to me to be beaten by V6, after all I have been a performance moderator of V6 sites for over 2 years now, and owned V6s from 97 to 02. I still have a V6 Ranger. Come on to Burlington NC anytime you feel froggy.

#14 ·
I still dont understand, if the rear axle can only handel 300 hp at the flywheel, then im already over that (244 RWHP at 20% drive train loss is about ~305 HP) If i do the heads and cam am i gonna go snap? or is that only with slick? or i just need to be careful and not do hard launches?

#16 ·
I think the thing that is deadly with slicks is that they grip too well, when you get that much grip the rear end just can't take the strain.

#17 ·
P&P heads, and intakes and a nice cam

How much would all of that cost?

Monkey--- are you selling any more parts of your V6?

#18 ·
It is actually the torque, not the hp that will hurt the rear. Adding slicks would definitely increase the likely hood of failure.

With any cam and those 1.8's you are going to have to do a spring change. Even the 207 cam with the 1.8's is .500 lift. The good news is that RGR can do them for ~$50 and your car would really wake up.

#19 ·
The %20 driveline thing is a well propogated myth dude. That is only for a stock motor. The driveline accounts for approximately 34 hp for a stick and 39 for an auto in parasitic loss. This equals %18 and %20 of the total on a stock motor. If you make 1000 hp with the exact same driveline, your not going to now lose 200 hp.

Add the 35 to your number and you are looking 279 at the crank.

#20 ·
Stang01 said:
Monkey--- are you selling any more parts of your V6?
only things i have left to sell is a CAI and a cobra front sway bar. however, i dont have the stock replacements for those, so it will be a while before i can get some money to buy those and then sell the aftermarket parts.

i may be selling my ported intakes, but thats iffy cause thats a lot of work that i dont have time for, and also i need stock upper and lowers for that too.

just keep your eyes on the forsale board if youre interessted in any of these

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.