Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my official car page lol. I'll keep updated pics of the ride here as well as descriptions detailing what was done to the car in each pic! This will be underconstruction constantly, so if you have any questions, please PM or email me :) Thanks.

2003 Shogun: Invader body kit painted to match :) Installed by your's truly and my stepdad. In addition to the bumper, I've also had custom tags ordered ("NoLim1t"), and have installed fog lamps.

A side shot. 35% tint has been applied to both driver and passenger windows (VA state legal) and 20% to the rear. The body kit included side skirts that I have yet to install. The decal on the door is for Magnaflow, the brand of exhaust system my stepdad and I installed. You'll also notice the hidious stock 15" wheels!! I'm going to have those replaced with nice 17" chrome ones once the winter is gone.

A shot from the rear, you'll notice the Invader rear bumper and the Shogun spoiler. After being shown 1000's of Honda Civics with that same spoiler, I've been convinced to go after a new one. I'm planning on either putting a Saleen S281 or Black Widow 2 spoiler on the car at the same time I put on the side skirts.

A shot from the rear. 3.8 emblem and Mustang decal along the rear bumper.

Here you can see my exhaust tips better. The system uses 2.5 inch piping with two stainless steel Magnaflow XL mufflers. The tips are dual DTM exhaust tips.

NEW! V6stangs.com decals in red!

Down firing sub enclosure with 2x 10" Sony P5 subs. The box was taken from a demo vehicle at a local sound store that did my audio install. I'm going to have them build on to the box soon that way it will be more flush in the trunk. Otherwise, the subs sound outstanding! I have also put sound deadening material (those black pieces) which are basically the same as Dynamat on the trunk and along all rattling body panels.

Power!!! mmmmm yummy!!!

The interior has had quite a bit of work to it. The first things done were the Eurolite/Ractive Blue EL gauges, then the Streetglow Red EL pedals (not shown). After that I begun painting. I also ordered UPR's automatic shift knob and installed a shift boot. The interior has changed since this picture was taken. The bezel arround the shifter has been restored to black (I had oversprayed before and I was waiting on a replacement) and I have replaced the boot with an authentic leather boot, and not cheap vinyl look-a-likes. I plan on getting real racing seats soon and getting MGW's new auto gripper shift knob.

Here's an updated shot of the interior that I took on X-Mas day 2003. My parents bought me the new MGW auto-gripper and also a genuine leather boot, no more cheap immitation stuff!! As you can see, I also replaced the part that I had painted red (the shifter bezel) in the previous photo. I think it looks much better this way.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Your next mod needs to be

Wheels!!!!

Rolling on 15's is a damn shame with all the money and effort you've put into your car

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
All it needs is some nice rims.....and S281 Spoiler look really nice

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously man. I want the wheels real bad. I just don't want them to get damaged during the winter. So I'm going to hold off and get them in March once I get my tax return. In the mean time, I have from now till then to get body work done and work on the sound system and computer that I'm going to put into my car. Yes... computer :) I have it already built, it's about the size of a PS2. Just gotta get the LCD, and then I'll have mp3s, gps, games, and DVDs (divx, etc) in my car :) yay w00t w00t

·
Registered
678 Posts
paint look good...need rims, those tips just gotta go asap...the rear looks too crowded with parts...all and all a work in progress ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eval00 said:
paint look good...need rims, those tips just gotta go asap...the rear looks too crowded with parts...all and all a work in progress ;)
Don't like the tips huh? Here's a better shot during the daytime. It's an old pic, but shows the tips from the rear.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah im not a huge fan of the tips either. Like you said, that spoilers on a million and 1 hondas... but at least youre getting rid of it. Maybe throw the stock one on in the meantime ??? lol

Looks good man, just need a lil bit more done to it. I might suggest some black honeycomb mesh stuff in your front bumper that matches whats in your grill. That would look really clean.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yo man, that front bumper is growing on me. It needs a intercoler in there though. :headbang:

I say go with the S-281 Wing and the '01 Cobra hood. Plus, might wanna think about Bullitt side scoops. Give it a new clean look. And get them side skirts on.

As far as the tips, might wanna ask your step-dad about taking the rear bumper off and cutting and sanding down the parts where the exhaust tips are supposed to sit, and do a center style exhaust with two 2.5" rolled tips. I think that would look good.

Get some racing seat and get them in either black and red or grey or red. And go ahead and get the rear bench to match em. Or, fiberglass the subs in and take the bench out.

Now, hurry up with that design for that Ford Chick. I want her on my rear window. :D

Plus, it's always great to see someone do something different. You get tired of the Stangs with Cobra Rs and a cowl hood.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZimStang said:
yeah im not a huge fan of the tips either. Like you said, that spoilers on a million and 1 hondas... but at least youre getting rid of it. Maybe throw the stock one on in the meantime ??? lol

Looks good man, just need a lil bit more done to it. I might suggest some black honeycomb mesh stuff in your front bumper that matches whats in your grill. That would look really clean.
I would, except my car came without a spoiler. How sad!! Anyways, you're right about the mesh. I bought real cheap thin stuff and it's falling apart. I plan on redoing that as well. That will go along with the body work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
you can get the ford chick on ebay
the interior paint looks really good.
I hate the spoiler.
Like the computer Idea, about to hook up my laptop to a screen I'm gonna buy and mount.
Recarpet the sub enclosure to the same color.
Why is one upside down?
How's the sony amp and subs doing? I've had some **** with mine. I have the EXACT same amp/sub combo as you.
Also, why a "car page" thing here? Why not cardomains or something?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DropTop_Stang said:
you can get the ford chick on ebay
the interior paint looks really good.
I hate the spoiler.
Like the computer Idea, about to hook up my laptop to a screen I'm gonna buy and mount.
Recarpet the sub enclosure to the same color.
Why is one upside down?
How's the sony amp and subs doing? I've had some **** with mine. I have the EXACT same amp/sub combo as you.
Also, why a "car page" thing here? Why not cardomains or something?
Yeah, I need to get the box recarpetted, and at the same time, I'm going to have the sides expanded so that it fits flush in the trunk. The boxes faces downwards so that the subs pound in an up-and-down motion. This results in the maximum ammount of bass. Of course, you lose the visual appeal, but then again, you gain more bass and it looks hidden so it's not obvious that you have subs. My Sony gear has been working wonderfully, despite all of the negative things that you hear about Sony. I gotta hand it to my installers tho. They did a great job of tuning everything, and if I ever need anything handled, they take a look at it and fix it up for me. Fortunately, I've never had to call upon those free services :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
kewl. Maybe we should make this a regular thing. But in a seperate forum if so. People allready have trouble getting their photoshops done.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
that car looks like a spaceship...but everytime i look at it i seem to like it more :headbang:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts