Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, gotta quick question my buddy wanted me to ask. He has a 2007 mustang and wanted some info on changing the shaker 500 to a shaker 1000 system. Are the connections the same? Any advice would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 2 subs in the trunk are not included with the shaker 500.
There are kicker subs in the door that are junk but not the stock (2) SUBS included in trunk for shaker 1000

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The 2 subs in the trunk are not included with the shaker 500.
There are kicker subs in the door that are junk but not the stock (2) SUBS included in trunk for shaker 1000
I know that there are 2 additional subs in the 1000.

The subs in the 500 on the door are actually very, very good. I found this out accidentally. I was going to do the entire audio system on my 3V with the shaker 500 and started with the head unit. Then I did not change anything else. The head unit is the weak point. Changing the head unit to an AVC x940BT, the subs came alive and every single speaker was transformed. The subs are limited by the significantly sub par head unit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
thread jack;

Borii, what mods did your 3V have to get up to 370hp?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
110MM JLT/FRPP TB/FRPP Manifold/Pypes LT/Pypes OR X Pipe/Pypes Violators/Steeda UDPs/Brenspeed Detroit Rock'r Cams/FRPP 4.10/SHaftmasters 1 piece aluminum DS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts