Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have 2 questions to ask. First, is it possible to make the non functioning scoop on the 99-04 work. And second if so has anyone heard of having the shaker under the hood scoop so it's not visible till u pop the hood?? Any pics. (Tell me if I'm just crazy)

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
ToHellAndBack said:
Alright guys I have 2 questions to ask. First, is it possible to make the non functioning scoop on the 99-04 work. And second if so has anyone heard of having the shaker under the hood scoop so it's not visible till u pop the hood?? Any pics. (Tell me if I'm just crazy)
On my v6 it was functional, I cut out the piece and ha air going through but idk if it made a diff or not. As for having the shaker under the scoop idk if their would be enough room and the cost to get it and fab it won't be worht it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll be buying the shaker from AM regardless. I was just wondering if I could leave it under my hood scoop or if I had to do it like everyone else

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
ToHellAndBack said:
Mine is functional, the little honey comb piece I drilled each circle out and cut the piece under the hood to air would flow in. Works fine never had any issues, it makes the motor run a little cool which is good and even at high speeds it holds on good.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ryan7racin said:
Mine is functional, the little honey comb piece I drilled each circle out and cut the piece under the hood to air would flow in. Works fine never had any issues, it makes the motor run a little cool which is good and even at high speeds it holds on good.
Would you not be better off just taking the honeycomb part out? Or can you even do that?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Like that, the drilled out honey comb acts as a screen and helps keep debris and some water from getting in. :good:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
primer2tone said:
Like that, the drilled out honey comb acts as a screen and helps keep debris and some water from getting in. :good:
+1 what he said, with just a wide open hole all sorts of trash would get in there also alot of water when it rains. Believe it or not when it rains I get zero water under the hood.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ryan7racin said:
I really like that idea! How hard was cutting the hood? And how big is the hole

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
ToHellAndBack said:
I really like that idea! How hard was cutting the hood? And how big is the hole
The hole is the width of the hood scoop, just cut the little piece that has the pony stamped in it
Then under that is like a plastic piece that separates from the metal hood. Here's a little "how to guide" it's pretty simple. Like I said I get no water or trash in the motor bay. I have also head of putting a piece of wire mesh where it's open going into the motor. At high speeds I have no issues what so ever.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts