Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been debating adding a shaker hood scoop to my 2014 GT and wanted to see what others think of the setup. I know it is a cosmetic mod only and that's okay, I put the SHR window louvers on my car so can handle cutting a hole in the hood. Also the car is a garage queen so am not really concerned about driving in foul weather etc.

The thing is I would like to add a supercharger in a few years but don't want to have the added cost of buying another hood, getting it painted etc. I also want to put white stripes on the car and am not sure how the black scoop and trim ring would look. Finally, there's always the chance I could get tired of the car and trade it in so don't want to affect value in a huge way. That said, I do love the way the shaker hood scoop looks. Thoughts?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um that's helpful

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love the way the shaker looks also. But also wondering the same thing on the supercharger. I say go for it!! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have been debating adding a shaker hood scoop to my 2014 GT and wanted to see what others think of the setup. I know it is a cosmetic mod only and that's okay, I put the SHR window louvers on my car so can handle cutting a hole in the hood. Also the car is a garage queen so am not really concerned about driving in foul weather etc.

The thing is I would like to add a supercharger in a few years but don't want to have the added cost of buying another hood, getting it painted etc. I also want to put white stripes on the car and am not sure how the black scoop and trim ring would look. Finally, there's always the chance I could get tired of the car and trade it in so don't want to affect value in a huge way. That said, I do love the way the shaker hood scoop looks. Thoughts?

I think you need to be more specific. Since you said it will be cosmetic, will it be more of a hood ornament where it is attached directly to the hood and does not sit on top of the motor when the hood is raised? If so, I would probably pass on that. There are kits out there for setting up a functional system, that would be more interesting. I did a Google Images search and do like the way the shaker looks on a 13-14 vented hood. I think it looks better than on a 10-12 cowl hood.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I am putting a CCD shaker hood system on my 2013 GT to make the final 70-71 Mach 1 merged look that the 2013-14 body share with these two cars. I already have the rear aluminum louvers.

While the Shaker hood actually is a real hood scoop that puts air in the air box its really cosmetic only because it does not add HPR. I hope that explains that part of the OPs original post.

Most air is never going to get to that scoops position on a the hood aerodynamically. For True increase it needs to be at the traditional ram air input near the grill, or cowl induction. But it completes the picture for me. I'm going to do it in Jan/Feb hibernation time.

Edit: Also consider if I do later go to a TwinScrew or Root blower, I can get a intake/setup that sticks the blower out the hole in the hood now, just enlarge the hole abit and allow that belt and pulley to be seen and heard ;)
Art

1 - 9 of 9 Posts