Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are relatively similar in price, but which really is "more bang for your buck"? My hood is bone dry with the exception of hood pins, and although the Shaker System does not really add much horsepower (I already have the Ford Racing CAI) whatsoever, I think the scoop would personally look great with the several black accents I've added. It'd also spruce up the engine too. Or is the +HP and improved sound the better option as with headers?

What are your opinions guys?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Tyrannax said:
Both are relatively similar in price, but which really is "more bang for your buck"? My hood is bone dry with the exception of hood pins, and although the Shaker System does not really add much horsepower (I already have the Ford Racing CAI) whatsoever, I think the scoop would personally look great with the several black accents I've added. It'd also spruce up the engine too. Or is the +HP and improved sound the better option as with headers?

Wrong section haha sick car though!!!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Tyrannax said:

Neither one improves power noticeably. With shorties you might hear a very slight change of tone if any. Maybe someone with a v6 shaker will chime in. Nice wheels and lights though

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate it guys.

Lol. I think I thought I was already in the 05-10 v6 section. Can someone relocate this thread or is there a way for users to do it?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Who makes a Shaker for a 2011 up V6 ???

I see they have them for the GT V8 but I have not seen any listed for the 2011 up V6 3.7 engine.

When I see one I'll probably max out my card getting one and installing it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Shorties do add a better tone to those 4.0's. I've heard some and thought they sounded much better. Actually like the sound of shorties over LT's. As for performance gain, some but minimal. The Shaker system is probably the biggest waste of money for performance. But, if they had one for my 12 V6, I'd buy it. Just for looks and "cool" factor. I think they look awesome on the 10-12 hoods.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm, it's a toss up for me. Both sound like great upgrades for my car, but I really have to decide between appearance and performance. That's usually tough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts