Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once i get above 55~ the whole car shakes not in the steering wheel just the whole car. the only thing i changed was that i rotated my tires yesterday, i drove around in the city never going over 50mph~ so i cant say when it started but it had to be after i rotated my tires, i am sure i double checked all my lugs but i am going to make sure on my lunch break.

i am thinking its one of my rims or so is out of balance perhaps~ being on the back it was not noticable. It could be my rotors messed up but when i brake the car brakes perfectly normal.

any ideas on what to check? i checked all psi in the tires all are 32psi also

drives fine up to arond 55 then starts to shake bad from there up.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you might have knocked one of the balancing weights off on accident when you rotated them... check to make sure all of those are still there

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats my vote but i am going to check the lugs.... where i work there MIGHT be a place that can balance them... it might be best to wait till tomorrow but I want to make sure that the rims are on good :) if it was my rotors warped or cracked i would know about it when i stoped right?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
You need either one or both of these things done. 1st balance your wheels and tires, and then get a wheel alignment. If that doesn't fix it, let us know. Just curious, how are your wheels balanced? Do you have weights, or are they static?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have weights on the inside lip of my rim, everythign was fine before i rotated so i think its a wheel out of balance OR lugs not tight... but its not like me to not check all the lugs and double check... i hope its out of balance

if my rotors (being drilled and slotted) were warped i would know it when braking right?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Tire balance or a flat spot on the tire rotated to the front. if you had warped rotors the shaking would get much worse when you applied the brakes.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the brakes work perfectly fine, i am betting its a rim out of balance, can they make that much difference by going from the back to the front? I have felt a shake but i just assumed it was the rough ride of the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
SpectorV said:
i have weights on the inside lip of my rim, everythign was fine before i rotated so i think its a wheel out of balance OR lugs not tight... but its not like me to not check all the lugs and double check... i hope its out of balance

if my rotors (being drilled and slotted) were warped i would know it when braking right?
When you have warped rotors your car and steering wheel will shake when you apply the brakes. If your tire was out of balance before, switching it to a different location wouldn't really change it much. I'm sure it's what I said previously.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got back from the balancing and its 90% better still a slight shake above 60 but its about normal for the wheels/tires i have so its all better i think, i just think i lost some weights cuz 2 of the wheels had no weights and one that did was way off lol.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
if you JUST had your tires balanced than that's the problem, the same **** happened to me. my car was shaking so bad i nearly lost control. take it back and demand a redo, cuz THEY fucked it up, it's not anything you did

for real, when they screwed up mine the dude put like 20 balancers on one rim. when i hit 60 on the highway my car would vibrate so hard i could see the HOOD rattling up and down

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
could be a bent rim flat spot on the tire or you have something going out on the front suspension like Idler arm, Tie rod ends or ball joints

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
SpectorV said:
I just got back from the balancing and its 90% better still a slight shake above 60 but its about normal for the wheels/tires i have so its all better i think, i just think i lost some weights cuz 2 of the wheels had no weights and one that did was way off lol.
Do you know what type of tire balancer system it was. They're are a few different ones, but main there's one that in spins the tires and marks on the tire where you need to add the weight, and then then have this new laser based system. I think you should take back the car and have them check over anything again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts