Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just noticed this problem I have been having, not sure if its a problem, or just part of the stabilization system.
Whenever I merge into traffic from a high speed turn, (ie. Pulling out into a street from a parking lot) as I go into the turn and come out of it the whole car sort of shakes back and forth (left and right) and I am not sure what the cause of this is. Its it just how the handling is? Or am I having another problem. It's a 2013 v6 with performance package. No mods, only 5 months old.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't really much of high speed as it is high acceleration. I would estimate around 40mph in the turn. The shaking is pretty noticeable. Enough for the passenger to feel it too, not just in the steering wheel.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,344 Posts
Did you check your lug nuts? They could be loose! Tighten them and then get your butt to the dealer! Something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
I have no shaking nannies on my 2011 V6 when exiting the highway at simular speeds. Get it to a dealer for warranty work. Take the service advisor/manager out on a test drive so they can experience what you are talking about.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok. i'll take it to my dealer soon to have it checked out. Thanks for the input.

@prime2tone. I don't know what to look for when checking the lug nuts, I'll just take it to my dealer tomorrow and let him deal with it lol

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ok. i'll take it to my dealer soon to have it checked out. Thanks for the input.

@prime2tone. I don't know what to look for when checking the lug nuts...
Something like this!! Lol.
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Auto part Automotive tire

Torque them to 100 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so I tried it again, and I want to reiterate my description. Its not really a shaking, its more of a slight tail spin, then it auto corrects really quickly, which results in a sense of shaking. I don't think it should be doing this. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Ok, so I tried it again, and I want to reiterate my description. Its not really a shaking, its more of a slight tail spin, then it auto corrects really quickly, which results in a sense of shaking. I don't think it should be doing this. Any more ideas?
Stability control/traction control (advanced trac) intervening perhaps when you goose it from a turn this abruptly interrupting the anticipated wheel spin behavior?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,495 Posts
Wheel hop is exactly that. The way the suspension was designed in these cars it does not plant the tires to the ground very well and the tires hop up and down. Very rapidly giving the car a shuddering feeling while under heavy acceleration. The wheels literally hop

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Actually, FWD's can wheel hop too and it can be vicious. My Stratus would do it under some conditions, my Grand Prix quit after I put new control arms on it (bushings were shot).

RWD wheel hop: V6 Mustang wheel hop - YouTube
FWD wheel hop: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo: A True Hot Hatch? - Ignition Episode 26 - YouTube

That said... make sure you guys aren't experiencing this either. Seems some '11, maybe some '12s have had this issue. Just a handful though.

Advanctrac incident caught on Flight Data Recorder - Ford Mustang Forums

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, so what I am seeing here is that I need to take it to my dealership to have it checked out regardless of what the problem is. Gotcha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts